Hey, Remember Me? I'm a Little Better...

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by derpytia, Mar 27, 2015.

1. derpytia
      Pooptoast

derpytia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014 (many increases since then)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Progressive hearing loss / noise / ETD
      Hey all some of y'all remember me as a T sufferer who had just about completely lost it. I'm sure some of you might have been annoyed with my constant posting and questioning. The pas year has been really upsetting for me and really telling. It had it's ups and it's downs (okay, a lot of downs) and I was not in a good place for a long time. But I'm still here.

Am I habituated? Nope. Not at all. But I'm still living a somewhat productive life. I can laugh again, I can listen to music and perform it (in well measured moderation of course) and I'm still in college coming up on my 5th and last year. I'm still a musician too. But I'm not habituated.

But I'm better. A lot of you have asked me where I've been. Not on here too much anymore is your answer. I take that as a good sign to be honest. I've stopped looking frantically for answers and success/horror stories for T. I'm not 100% I can say that. T really took a lot away from me. It took my sanity for one thing. I was diagnosed with severe depression (which I cannot take meds for since I've tried nearly all of them and they all made me violently ill) and severe anxiety. But I got help for that. I go to therapy and I figure out ways around those mental illnesses. I don't think they'll ever go away along with the T but I can work around them. Of course I'll have my really bad terrible no-good awful days and all of it gets to me but eventually I pull myself up.

Being busy helps. I never thought I'd say that since I do like my relaxation time. But I've found ways to relax and keep 'busy' to push the T to the back of my mind for awhile. I don't know about you but that's a big improvement! Sleep is a struggle but I'm working on it. I'm doing what most of my peers and friends are doing at this age: trying to get our lives together. :p

So what I'm saying is I'm doing better. Maybe a lot better maybe a little better but still better. I'll take any kind of improvement and run with it!

So yeah. I'm 21 going on 22. I have Tinnitus in both ears with multiple tones. I have severe anxiety and depression. I have hearing loss and blindness in one eye. And I'm living life as best I can. That's a good thing.

So, see you guys around from time to time on here!

• Hug Hug x 9
      • Winner Winner x 5
      • Friendly Friendly x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      We told you so. Remember? :) I am happy for you. Keep this spirit up!

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    3. marqualler
      Nerdy

marqualler Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / Mild Noise Induced Hearing Loss
    4. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      @derpytia - I am so happy to hear this!
      I want to hear your music when you have a chance to share(I'll link you to some of my stuff too!)
      This post really made my day. You are awesome.

5. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @derpytia ....Awesome post! So glad that you can laugh again and enjoy listening to and performing music again!

6. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      So great @derpytia that you are doing your music.

7. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      So happy to hear that from you, @derpytia. To see how you change from your desperate self at the start to this is just heart-warming. Hope it will continue to improve.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1