Hey..! :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Valentina, Apr 9, 2015.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Valentina
      No Mood

Valentina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @gary

Hi Gary, the familiarity of this site is incredible! I've been here only for a few days but it seems I know you all since years! I'm happy to be part of this! :love:

@ruben ruiz

Bless you too Ruben! :)
      I am from Milan, a busy city in the northern part of Italy.
      I've done the sound therapy called TRT, for a couple of months, but the effect on myself was that my T enriched with new sounds, so I gave up. My brain didn't want to collaborate, unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Lorenzo74
      Mellow

Lorenzo74 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hey @Valentina

I was wondering how many Italians are on here… I am from Milan too, maybe we could organize a get together, like an "aperitivo" in the park, which is definitely more quiet than any bar around.. :) It would be cool to meet a few of the boys and girls in here..

Then again these days is crazy around Milan with the "Salone del Mobile"… :)

Hey @Markku, just out of curiosity do you know how many people from different nationalities are on TT ?

Have a great day you all !!!!!

Ciao!

3. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Top 20:

Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 11.04.01.png

• Informative Informative x 4
      • Like Like x 3
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Valentina
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It could be a good idea, but we should join more people from Milan.

5. Viking
      No Mood

Viking Member Benefactor

parlate italiano fate prima ahahahahah

6. Lorenzo74
      Mellow

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hehe @Viking

It was just out of fairness to the non-Italian speaking community.. :)

Di dove sei tu ?

Maybe I should start a thread about an Italian TT chapter :) That is why I was asking Markku how many people from different nationalities…

It could be cool to meet in real life with a few members and exchange a few tips and a laugh.. What do you think Viking ?

Ciao !

7. Viking
      No Mood

Viking Member Benefactor

Hi brother;

I'm from Caserta

8. Lorenzo74
      Mellow

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      @Viking Bella Caserta con la sua imponente Reggia

Not so close for a get together.. But if I come around there I might shout to you (very silently) for a drink and a laugh then :)

Ciao !!

• Like Like x 1
    9. Carlo
      Balanced

Carlo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2013
      • Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    10. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      The UK and US did always have a special relationship.

11. Kaelon
      Wishful

Kaelon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Muscle Spasms
      Hi @Valentina,

Welcome to Tinnitus Talk! I will just echo what everyone else has said here: you have found your new home. I love reading your positive, hopeful, and uplifting posts; thank you!

It's really amazing, and almost heartbreaking, that our closest friends and dearest family cannot really empathize with what we have all been going through unless if they themselves are undergoing the harrowing journey from acute onset through chronic evolution and finally habituation that many of us spend months and, in some cases, years trying to achieve. This is what brings all of us closer together - not some sort of twisted "misery loves company" maxim, but instead I truly believe that all of us, deep down inside, nurture a hope that we may find peace and tranquility through our fellowship here.

While I have only been an active contributor to this community since November of last year when my Tinnitus started, I feel like I have always belonged in this community. That is a precious gift that brings us all closer together, and I encourage you to partake of the knowledge-sharing, the positivity, and the results-focused conversations as we continue our personal journeys and, through them, help one another rediscover the silence.

Welcome home!

Juan

• Hug Hug x 2
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Valentina
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi @Kaelon
      Thank you for your warm welcome!! Our closest friends and our relatives are understandable because they don't live with tinnitus. During my bad days - you bet I have my bad days too - those days where we all need comprehension and tenderness, I've often been told that my T isn't visible on my body, so they tend to forget that I need help sometimes. I feel the same emotion of belonging as you do, it's very sweet and now that I am here, I will not leave anymore! :huganimation:

@Danny Boy
      If you noticed, the first places are taken by those countries where english is their mother language :)

@Carlo
      Ciao! ;)

13. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      You just ring a bell there Valentina. How the heck Canada can rank near the top of the chart there while we are really a 'small' country population wise. We only have around 35 million people and we are high up in the ranking. LOL. Is it because we are more used to being quiet environment so we are more sensitive to louder sound and react to it more so than say, the people in the many busy metropolis of Asia. Where is Hong Kong, China & Japan or Korea on the list with their huge population and noisy cities? I tell you, if you ever been a tourist in those cities, you can hardly hear your T among the traffic noise. Many people there probably have T & never even hear it with all the noises around. LOL.

14. Stu

Stu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Trauma - Concert
      I can can provide an insight into that buddy... My T is around 15-16 KHz like yours plus I had a battle with Cancer myself 10 years ago which I survived and won. In all honesty, the Cancer was easier to deal with overall as I knew there was a cure and my chances were good. The complete irony of it all is that my main chemo drug was Cisplatin which ultimately made me more vulnerable to my T later!

Maybe I should change my name to lucky lol!

• Hug Hug x 2
    15. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Sorry about the cancer I'm glad it's gone! And 15,000hz tinnitus would be much harder to deal with especially with hyperacusis...We will fight the good fight mate!

16. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Haha...I still believe the world should have one universal language more would get done that way, plus I could move anywhere I wanted!

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Valentina
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm not sure if I'd like a world with one language only, Danny. I love differences because they itch my curiosity and give me always a reason to learn something new. It's also a confrontation which can only make us grow, if taken without envy or prejudices. This is why, since a couple of years, I spend my holidays / free time always abroad or in contact with people from abroad.

18. Albert Savage

Albert Savage Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1972
      Welcome Valentina, I was 19 when my tinnitus started, but unlike you and many others here, I know exactly how and when my tinnitus started. It was in April of 1972 and I was a soldier stationed in West Berlin. We were using explosives and one went off in a confined space where I was located and my tinnitus was the result of that damage. That is how long I have suffered from T. You do survive.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    19. billie48
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Hey Albert, you are truly an old soldier of tinnitus, and true to the sense as a soldier. Do you have to go through treatment with the Military health care system for veterans? We can learn a lot from some one who has T that long and surviving it. Any tips to share?

• Like Like x 1
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Valentina
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you Albert :) Your bomb exploded outside yourself, my bomb exploded inside myself but the result is that we should not play with explosives! :blackeye: Yes, we will survive, but hearing from you that you have been sharing your life with T for more than 40 years makes me want to cry...

21. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      My bomb came to me overnight. No warning. One day Peace, the next day none. The only clue, was a bout of Gastritus, that I had for about 2 weeks, then the day after Easter Sunday, 2014. Wham! I remember getting out of bed, wondering what I left on in the house? Unfortunately, I finally deduced, it was following me around. A truly sad day indeed!

I believe it was viral and attacked the weaker ear. I guess years of loud music, power tools, etc., weakened my right ear over time and the virus was the last straw.

Sailboardman

• Useful Useful x 1
    22. helloimd
      Alienated

helloimd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/02/2015
      Hi, another italian girl here, i'm 22 and my english is not so good as yours :S so I can't write very long message with all my thoughts inside. Valentina i would like to talk to you, we're almost the same age :)

23. Albert Savage

Albert Savage Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1972
      Billie48, I have hearing aids from the VA but the tinnitus gives me a 10% disability rating from the VA. My hearing loss was really more troubling for me (and my Lovely Bride of over 41 years) has suffered even more-she has always had exceptional hearing. My tinnitus showed marked improvement when I started wearing hearing aids about 12 years ago.

For most of the time I just put the noise out of my mind. After the service I then went to work for an electric utility so I have spent most of my life around noisy environments. Plus, both of my parents served during WW II. And growing up, most of the male adults around me were veterans. My Dad received eye damage from firing AA guns on an Aircraft Carrier in the Pacific, and then had his right leg injured when his ship was hit by a Japanese Kamikazi. In high school, one of my teachers had lost his leg to a landmine at Metz in 1945. I grew up learning to "grin and bare" the things that happened to you.

24. Albert Savage

Albert Savage Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1972
      Valentina, thank you for your kind words.

• Like Like x 1
    25. billie48
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Thank you for replying. That is truly admirable & courageous. The veterans truly sacrificed a lot in the wars and for preserving freedom for the rest of us. I salute you/
      * and hope you stay around to help counsel some of the newer sufferers. Welcome again.

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Valentina
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello! I've sent you a private message! :)