Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by KLambert, Apr 22, 2017.

1. KLambert

KLambert Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I've had T for a couple of years now. It has become worse in the last year. I think that is due to playing in a loud band and going to concerts. I've decided to knock those things on the head. I'll be hanging up my electric guitar for my acoustic. I wear custom -26dB earplugs while at concerts and in the band but I still find these situations aggravate the T. Also, earplugs bring the T out more.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Yes, it may be prudent and wise to take a break from exposure to more loud gigs. The ears once damaged and hit with tinnitus, will be quite sensitive to sounds and one wrong move T can shoot up to another level. There are many musicians and former musicians on TT. One notable member is I Who Love Music IWLM has written his success story 'Back To Silence' which has become the most read success story here.

3. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I don't want to sound like that, but as soon as you get T I would stop playing music and going to concerts forever. I can understand that it's difficult to do if music is a big interest for someone, but you don't want to fuck around with the T. Or at least be very well protected.

I have a mild T and it still drives me crazy sometimes, so be careful!