Hi, I Am New Here!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ben Tetzner, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Ben Tetzner

Ben Tetzner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      recent
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma
      I recently got barotrauma on a dive trip due to reverse block. I thought it was a fairly minor injury, but have now had hearing test and MRI several weeks later. Interesting that symptoms were not that noticeable until recently, when I was also put on prednisone. This devilish drug has its own set of issues !

Currently, I have fluid in the left mastoid, and everything I hear is vastly amplified to where I do not want to be around people, and am completely depressed and cannot sleep. The prednisone also seems to be causing tremors ! Anybody else out there with this ?

My doctor says time only will fix this !
      I would just like to get my hearing back ! Help !

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to tinnitus talk Ben.
      Prednisalone can cause insomnia as it stimulates you and taken in the morning .
      It can cause moon face,water retention, weight gain ,blurt vision and emotional reactions when on it longer or a high dose.
      Usually helps settle tinnitus for most people as it's anti Inflamatory medication....
      Get help for depression and don't suffer alone with it.
      Medication and counselling will help and we can support you too...lots of love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Ludvik

Ludvik Member

Tinnitus Since:
      23/11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection + Noise Induced
      I'm 6 days in Prednisone.
      I'm not sure it's helping the T but I noticed that I am much more depressed and emotional, so I really get ya. I'm planning on finishing off the Prednisone and hoping I see an improvement in mood and T afterwards.

Struggling in the sleep department too so unfortunately I can't really say much here.. I was kind of afraid to rely too much on the Xanax I was prescribed but I've decided that good rest is very important, and a small dose on the short term is fine. It'd be a good idea to be prescribed something for your mood next time you see your GP

I suggest getting a good pair of ear plugs to protect yourself from too much noise. People say it's a bad idea to plug your ears all the time as it makes you more sensitive, but it's given me more peace of mind to have small protection while I am in freeways, or having lunch as cafes can be very noisy.

4. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Ben,

Welcome aboard.

Many ENT doctors, as a matter of fact, are hesitant to prescribe a steroid due to the side effects.

Hopefully, your issue will go away in time! Best of luck.