Hi, I`m Gasper Jack.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Gasper Jack, May 2, 2018.

1. Gasper Jack

Gasper Jack Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      using uniden radios at work and my left ear was the main ear
      I worked in a sawmill/veneer plant here in Lillooet BC, Canada, first as a production person but moved up and applied myself to being a millwright, I began in 1993 as an apprentice which with the company put me in and the certifieds , whomever I was with taught me what they knew and I had to follow them around the whole site.

We were equipped with a radio to stay in contact with other millwrights and electricians and production supervisors and maintenance supers.

We used Uniden and I had mine with an ear bud in the left ear steadily.

I started to experience the ringing in 2001, I was certified in 1997, ticketed. I thought we would be compensated with this condition later, never happened, no cures either?

2. PortalNaut

PortalNaut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Late 2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Possibly you could get Worker's Comp overage, but for a company to be at fault someone would have to show the damage was due to work and not things happening in your personal time. I'm not sure what that certification means, but it sounds promising and you would just need to followup with either the Insurance companies at the time of the certification, or the current one(s). Though I do apologize I'm not up on Canadian law.

As far as a cure, you may want to look in the research forums. There's one or two promising things, or possible cures with stem cells and other things, but the auditory nerve and brain are quite complex and most people's cases are very different from each other. Many advocate just "habituating" which..as you have had 20 years of this must have come to terms with it in some way. I'm sorry this condition hit you, believe me.