Hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Pookabunny, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Pookabunny

Pookabunny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Not sure
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Lived with this for as long as I remember, and lately it has gotten super loud so I'm going to an ENT soon....it was always liveable especially after I went to the gym. I stopped going for 2 weeks and it came back so loud and I've had 2 panic attacks because of it I can't sleep. >.< Pray for help

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Sorry for your increase level of T. Have you an idea what has aggravated your T? Loud noise exposure? Also have you tried masked your T especially at bed time to help you sleep?

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Pookabunny

Pookabunny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Not sure
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes i have always slept with a fan on and have never had any problems and forgot about my T for months and even year at a time. I'm trying to think but coming up with nothing. :/ While I wait to schedule my appt I am going hard at the gym to see if that helps

First I thought it was earwax so I went to patient first and wasted 75 dollars for them to be like "no lol". So maybe it could be stress or I know Im tense a lot so maybe those muscles I read about are too tense?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Pookabunny

Pookabunny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Not sure
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Maybe I should add I've been getting headaches a lot too the past few months :S

5. billie48
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Headaches can be from constant high stress or anxiety level. But it can also suggest some medical issue. Perhaps have your doctor checked that out, such as having MRI on the brain/head to rule out anything undesirable.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Pookabunny

Pookabunny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Not sure
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I called ent waiting for them to call me back. I thought of another thing which is I got a filling on 7/5 before it happened. Wondering if maybe the drilling aggravated it or something. It wasn't a metal filling either just the tooth colored stuff...but its weird its been like 5 days now of it.

I realize the frequent headaches and some random ear pain has been happening for a few months

7. billie48
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      It is possible that the high pitch drill can aggravate your T. It is a forum of acoustic trauma. If it does, then perhaps your ears are going through an unstable period and may need the time to settle down. If the drilling is from July 5, then for the acoustic trauma perhaps get a course of prednisone to see if it helps. If not, and if your headache persists, definitely a good idea to have the doctors check it out thoroughly to rule out something hidden.

• Useful Useful x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Pookabunny

Pookabunny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Not sure
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      To recap my first post, I've always had low tinnitus that didn't bother me.

I went to an ent a week ago. I told her I used to get sinusitis often as a child and got my adenoids taken out at 3. So she looked at me and I have a sinus infection for who knows how long. I finished taking the steroids and one amox left, which has given me terrible diarhhea for the last 10 days. I also have flonase. Its been a week and I only notice a difference with breathing just today, 9 days later. I also use a netty pot now.

Ringing is still bad. Sometimes its a tad quieter. I can only not panic now because I had this diagnosed but now I'm worried even though she said up to 2 weeks. Ear pain hasn't happened much along with any headaches that I got a lot now.

It could also maybe be that tube dysfunction. I'm so scared it will be like this forever but some hope.

In a week I can call to make a closer appointment to get a scan.

Sometimes I really think its too much. I went to a therapist but stopped. I go to a psych, urologist, general doctor, and now an ent on a regular basis. I have so many medicines to take and appointments to go to/make/plan its very overwhelming. I'm still very young so it feels pretty shitty especially when my bf is perfectly healthy, no doctors, nothing. /rant I'm having a hard time but I will update and get information on stuff.

EDIT: Thank you for merging this post. After I do the Neti Pot, the ringing does get a little softer for a short time. I just did it since its almost 4am and can't sleep the past few weeks.