Hidy-Ho Fellow Tinnitus Warriors!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Redhawk, May 19, 2016.

1. Redhawk
      Artistic

Redhawk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. I had a short ( a month) of vertigo, then tinnitus
      I first started noticing the noise a few years ago. It would start and stop, not too annoying at first and I didn't even know what it was at first. Then, as it became more frequent, I researched it and found out what it was.

I do take Lipo-Flavonoid with some success. Usually I take one in the morning and two at night. It's often amusing to me when it IS working and I realize that the noise is actually taking a break, gone for a while.

When it is active, I mostly just try to ignore it and not focus on it. If I do, it's starts to really get on my nerves, so I am more at peace NOT listening to it actively. lol

I work as a CSR taking orders for high-end fabric from designers all day. Some over the phone, wearing a headphone, some faxed in or down-loaded from the company website. Generally speaking, as long as I am busy, it doesn't bother me too much. Of course, sometimes, if screaming would help, I jolly well would!

I joined this group because I believe that it will help me with research; as who cares more than those of us trying to deal with this nasty mess as productively as we can?

Thank you all for the stories you share that may help.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. You should be able to find lots of info on the site, especially the research and treatment section of TT. Have you tried masking your T during the bad times?

3. AlbertJ

AlbertJ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis Media
      Hello from Manila @Redhawk.

Glad to know you have been coping well with your condition.
      Would you know what caused your tinnitus?
      Mine is from an assortment of causes but what made it worse is from a eustachian tube dysfunction last December.

Warmest regards,
      Albert

4. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      hidy ho. welcome to the greatest community in the world, even better than the Shriners