High Pitch Noise Causing Toothaches and Facial Tension

Discussion in 'Support' started by Contrast, Mar 2, 2020.

?

Did your "pain hyperacusis" issues ever improve?

1. Yes

2. No, not really

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      I've had this problem for over two years (and still do). In 2017 after acoustic shock, my jaw and ear was burning and I had middle ear spasms with noise induced pain in right ear. I made big improvements in the first year. However I still have facial tension from noise and it causes my teeth to ache. Also my hearing "unmuffled" to a reasonable degree.

Also this problem isn't the reason I have been so whiny on the forum lately. My new unrelated health problem is much worse. Just putting this out here to document my case to let people know mysterious hearing disorders can improve but my new health problem can't. FML.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

It got better in December. Originally periodic pain and numbness and a slight achy feeling in left ear consistently. Now seem to be having worse issues. Both ears feel tired often like they are just done wanting to hear. Raw and discomfort feeling deep in ears all night long and periodically through the day. Pain in my face, neck, headaches. So yeah it got better then it got worse.

3. Marko Nakovski
      Bored

Marko Nakovski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      @Contrast Maybe some sort of neuralgia?

I always thought that my aching, sunburn, hot chilli symptoms are some form of geniculate neuralgia.

Maybe that aching is totally separate issue from hyperacusis?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Two years ago I felt like my jaw was locked from sound.

Anyhow my new health problem is beyond terrifying.

5. RishRamsey
      Doubtful

RishRamsey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stupid DJ
      Worse than severe noxacusis? And is it chronic? Manageable?

6. Tavia R

Tavia R Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with condition
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Born with condition-recently diagnosed/treated for migraines
      Hi Contrast,

I definitely get what you mean, I think well because I'm having a migraine right at this very moment (I know that sounds like a fat lie because I'm literally surfing the web right now, but after being told by my ENT that I have migraines and doing more research that was probably necessary to earn a PhD I learned that migraines are a lot different than what people think they are).

Anyways, all my top teeth right now are throbbing like an awful toothache, I have tension in my sinuses, I have an ocular headache in my right eye, my T and H are off the freaking charts right now, and I'm getting stabbing pain attacks in both ears at random moments that last a couple minutes at a time. I tell you this to prove my point that migraines can be related to the ears and sounds, triggers, pains, ears, and migraines are all intertwined in some people and cases.
      So yeah, I would definitely say that if high pitched sounds are migraine triggers, or if they just cause problems with your ears which has a stress response that causes a migraine (I think that's my case but I'm pretty clueless what's wrong with me), then face/head/tooth pain make a lot of sense.

If you're interested in learning more, the book I read about it was "Heal Your Headache, the 1-2-3 Program for Taking on your Pain" by Dr David Buchholz. The dude that wrote the book was literally like the real life version of House (the guy you send patients to when you can't figure out what's wrong with them) at John Hopkins neurology center.

Hope that helps! Also, I'm not diagnosing you, I just really wish someone would come along and drop some answers in my lap and help me out so I'm assuming that's what you would like as well.