High-Pitched Shrieking

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jkph75, May 11, 2016.

1. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Last night out of nowhere I heard this loud high pitched shrieking sound. It was much louder than my normal t. It lasted a few minutes then went away and then started back up. I woke up in the middle of the night still hearing it. I can't hear it now but my regular t seems much louder today. The weird thing is that I went for a hearing test yesterday and although all of my tests have always been normal this test was even better than the other ones. Although this high pitched sound and louder t happened after the test. Anyone have any idea what is going on here?

2. Cillian

Cillian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus infection
      I think there may be an underlying condition if it's getting worse

3. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Listening to high pitch sounds, similar to the ones you listened to during your test, will produce high pitch T for me. It's usually a temporary reaction.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      It wasn't the test. It's like a metal grinding sound. It's still here though not as loud. I am wondering if it is from stress since I was really stressed and still am. I am also wondering if it could be caused by my daughter shrieking. She has been crying for a couple days really loudly. I also wonder if I am stuck with this one now since it hasn't gone away yet.