Hope for Those Who Believe

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nike, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Nike

Nike Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Combination of Ototoxicity, Noise & Stress
      I'm feeling a lot better today and I have it in my heart to bring hope to some sufferers. I've noticed a good number of tinnitus sufferers think of suicide in the early days. Don't do it. If you could see a glimpse into your future you will see what a waste it will be if you ended your life.

I suffered chronic tinnitus from the first week in May 2017 caused by combination of acute mental stress, Tylenol and red wine. I visited an ENT who told me I had some hearing loss even though I did not notice any problem with my hearing. He told me I would have to leave with it for the rest of my life. I thought of suicide several times but the thought of tinnitus continuing after death occurred to me. What if I still had tinnitus after I kill myself? Sounds crazy but it scared me. So I went back to God in prayer, confessed my sins and asked for mercy. I seemed to suffer even more but God is merciful.

I can't begin to recount the crazy things I've tried in my search for a self cure most of which aggravated the buzzing, ear fullness, ringing and all the other symptoms. However I refused to believe that there's no cure. I cut all junk foods, alcohol, soda, sugar, caffeine, ate a lot of vegetables and home made food with no additives and very little salt. That helped a little but I got a major break when I started eating raw garlic, onions and other anti inflammatory food. Then I started to have a noticeable discharge of wax from my ear and the symptoms began to ease.

There are various causes of tinnitus and like someone said, many roads lead to tinnitus but who knows the road back? The bible says with God nothing shall be impossible Mathew 19:26. It is indeed a long and slow road to recovery for most tinnitus sufferers but you will get there either by complete cure or habituation. Ask God to lead you to your cure and leave a healthy life. Also do a lot of research. I personally belong to the group that believe in a cure. I'm a fighter by nature and believe in victory with God on my side. Above all, give it time and never stop praying no matter how much your suffering is.

If you eventually experience relief or cure, do not go away without telling your success story. Some people are healed just by the realization of hope and success of others.

Below is a link to a good source of information on tinnitus and a story of hope for Christians who believe.

http://ezinearticles.com/?10-Ways-To-Stop-Tinnitus-Using-Home-Remedies-To-Try-Right-NOW!&id=9135756

Rock Your Box
      Isaiah 40:29

A little boy was disabled and the doctors said there was nothing they could do to help him. So his mother took an orange crate, put him in it, tied a rope around it, tied the rope to her waist, and pulled him around with her. After a while the boy developed a habit his mother didn’t like: he began to rock his box. Sometimes he rocked it to the point that it tipped over and he fell out. No matter how many times she put him back in, he kept doing the same thing. Eventually he rocked his box until he was finally able to get out of it. Then to everyone’s amazement, he learned how to walk and ended up with a great life. That little boy did something the doctors and not even his mother believed could happen. He refused to settle for life inside a box someone had put him in. Has someone put you in a box today? If so, keep rocking your box until you’re free! Other people are self-appointed ‘experts’ at telling us what we can and can’t do. They don’t always celebrate anything ‘out of the box’, which is something out of the ordinary. One of the great promises in the Bible is: ‘He…increases the power of the weak.’ Start reading ‘rock your box’ Scriptures. Here’s one: ‘But as for me, I am filled with power, with the Spirit of the LORD’ (Micah 3:8 NIV 2011 Edition). Here’s another: ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible’ (Matthew 19:26 NIV 2011 Edition). Today declare, ‘Lord, You promised it, I believe it, and that settles it!’

Source: http://www.ucb.co.uk/word-for-today.html

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. fedup

fedup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection and earphone use
      What is this now? Bible class? I find religion offensive.

God is so merciful he allows people like us to suffer horrific tinnitus and others including innocent children to suffer other horrific, vile and cruel illness.

He, she or it must a particularly nasty and wicked entity.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Elinor
      No Mood

Elinor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure and barotrauma
      Then there's no hope for me. :(

• Like Like x 3
    4. fedup

fedup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You do not need religion for hope. There is always a chance you may get better.

However, if prayer helps you then go for it.
      There is actually some empirical evidence for the power of prayer but that does not mean there is a God.

I am just saying that religion offends me.
      Just my opinion, same as the original poster's is theirs.

Best wishes. I hope you get better. Never stop hoping.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      If God were the answer we would live in a perfect world

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I do believe and have full faith. Whether my tinnitus goes away or not, God has been great to me and i never get angry because I have tinnitus. I owe everything to god and that will never change.......

All of us have a choice and i am not pushing religion to anyone :)

Whatever keeps you going..go for it!

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    7. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Also known as the Power of Positive Thinking, CBT, meditation etc etc. prayer is but one of the pantheon of mental processes open to us, should the urge arise.

8. Mike82
      Wishful

Mike82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      I suppose the implication is that there's no hope for those who don't believe...

But perhaps just as chuckle-worthy is how arbitrary the list of tinnitus causes always seems to be.

"I was walking past a babbling brook on a moonless night three days beyond the winter solstice, when an owl in the distance some three doors from the village bakery hooted not once, not twice, but thrice. And then the clock struck midnight and the owl winked at an indigent duck who accidentally flew north for the winter, ruining his room-mate's summer holiday plans, before a sudden squally rain parted the clouds and forced the owl and the duck to seek shelter in a dimly-lit barn set back from the only road out of the village... and now I have tinnitus!"

Godspeed to those who find solace in their religion, but it's nonsense to the rest of us.

And perhaps if humankind put a little more faith into medical science, we'd be a few steps closer towards developing a viable treatment for tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hope is cruel.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      ...and maybe some of the dollars/euros/yuan and rubles that get otherwise devoted to idiotic wars and trouble-making could go in with that faith.

• Like Like x 1
    11. Applejuice

Applejuice Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20-3-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I don't understand the hate. Let him/her believe if they want to. It's great to see someone here recovering from this condition and posting what helped that person.

Plus anti inflammatory food is pretty smart if you ask me. I'll look into that nike as I sometimes experience short bursts of stabbing pain in my ear.

12. fedup

fedup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Mike82 excellent post Mike ! Very amusing .:)

• Agree Agree x 1