How Do I Maximize the Chance of Tinnitus Recovery?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tim Hogan, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Tim Hogan
      No Mood

Tim Hogan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold/Flu (Minor) >>> Botched Acoustic Reflex Test (Severe)
      I'm now on my 3rd week of my tinnitus spike, so far its been a roller coaster. My T is almost different every single day now in pitch/noise, left ear, right ear, brain, there have been days where I hardly notice it and I think I'll be fine, and other days i sit on the verge of suicidal madness. I feel its going to soon make up its mind of where this will go in terms of temporary of permanent.

Is there anything I should be doing to maximise my chances of recovery, or does Tinnitus really have a mind of its own no matter what you do?

So far I'm laying off the Coffee, haven't worn headphones in a week and I brought some B12 (which I'm a little skeptical off so I only took it once and i don't want some foreign pill messing with my body's natural recovery process, and I've been going on walks to get some exercise.

For those of you who recovered what are the Do's and Don'ts?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Stay calm ,relaxed and positive and keep away from extra loud sounds unless you have ear protection but best keeping away from it.
      Staying healthy and not rundown and not force yourself to listen to it and time is a great healer....hope that helps....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. Nick Pyzik
      Depressed

Nick Pyzik Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/23/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to in-ear headphones & playing in a band
      Tim,

I would absolutely reccomend working on your health. The greater your health and the more you push yourself, the better you'll be able to adapt to change and especially this sort of neurological damage that takes place.

The consumption of food, supplements, herbs, spices, and the way I'm treating my body with exercise and meditation, has allowed me to move forward. It stopped allowing me to "feel better", but I can definitely say all the above plus the way I've told myself to just keep pushing forward no matter what, has allowed me to overcome a good portion of the negative issues that have and are still taking place.

Vitamins, minerals, herbs, supplements, and spices are all natural healers of the body and brain. It's like you're supporting your own brain and bodies functions. All long as you're understanding of what each item does for you, then you can use them properly.

The medications given out by doctors in this world are the foreign objects. I see no good in those products. All I've read about them are negative issues and they are all highly recommended to be used for such issues as they are. Antidepressants, sleeping pills, anxiety medications, etc.

I apologize if this all sounds like a rant. Let me know if you need any more explanations. Hope things get better for you bud.

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Staying busy and focusimg on something else than T will help the brain not consider T as a threat. With time, it will gradually learn that T is just part of life' noises we deal with and then it will fade out T most of the time. If your T already has days it goes quiet. That is a good sign. Don't tip toe around T. Sometimes that can cause too much focus for T. There are many strategies to get better. There are people doing nothing for T and that turns around their T suffering. Perhaps take a look at this success story where the guy tried everything and then finally gave up, doing nothing else and making no special treatment for T, and miraculously he got better.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/doing-nothing-worked-for-me.4778/