How Likely Is It That My Ears Will Recover?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rymann, Jul 28, 2018.

1. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      I told you it will come back. Your T will also reduce to Mild Tinnitus or Very Mild, or if you are really LUCKY it might go away. Now remember my words, don't ever go to concets or clubs again, nor do ear tests, or wear earbuds/earphones. T is always lurking in the corner and it CAN get worse. Initially I had Mild T and No hearing loss on audiogram, after I did some stupid ear tests it increased to severe (hearing dropped 25db) and I got Visual Snow and Dark Eye Floaters. So remember my words to take care of your ears now. This is a preview of what it an be.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rymann

Rymann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I’m only 21 it’s a big sacrifice to never go to a club or bar again, I’ll definitley wear protection tho

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rymann

Rymann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you for the support and advice this forum has been helpful for my mindset and attitude I’m taking in everyone’s advice to see whats right for the next move

4. dpdx
      Disappointed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You have been WARNED. I got T when I was 27, now I am 28 and would do anything to have Mild T again. You wouldn't realize in your wildest dreams how bad this can get. my T is the same volume as people's voices.

Is one night of partying equal to life long suffering. One of my friends has T and went out clubbing with earplugs, his T Worsened. Yuppp with earplugs.

Don't say you weren't warned,

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. dpdx
      Disappointed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You should always consult our T guru Mr. Leigh :) hehee he had T for 22 years.
      @Michael Leigh this user wants to go clubbing with earplugs. What do you think is the best thing he can do? Will earplugs offer him adequate protection.

6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You could go to the ER...

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rymann

Rymann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I did yesterday and she refused to prescribe them because it was “too late for them to be effective”

8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You could go to another ER and tell them that you got your T and your acoustic trauma yesterday...

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Thank you for the kind compliments @dpdx although some of my adversaries may not agree with you. I don't regard myself as a tinnitus guru, just someone that has experience with "noise induced" tinnitus like many others in this forum. My advice to people with tinnitus that want to go clubbing is to use noise reducing earplugs but still be mindful of loud noise. A good rule of thumb: If you have to shout to the person next to you to be heard, then the sound is too loud and you should leave. Keep away from tall speakers and be aware of low bass frequencies as they can spike tinnitus too.

Michael

10. ChrisRA

ChrisRA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/02/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      How severe was your T in 2010? Did it occur with hearing loss also?

11. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Hi there

I had this happen to me 14 years ago. Went to two Rush concerts in the same week and had reduced hearing for a month. It did come back, but the three years later at another concert a massive pyrotechnic explosion caused long-term damage, and at another concert this May I stupidly left my earplugs out for half the show and got my worst tinnitus ever. Got worse again last night at a band practice when I only double-protected one ear with an earplug as well as n/c headphones. I think that latest damage is easing slightly but we shall see.

Hope you do better than I did!

Graham

12. Eukalyptus

Eukalyptus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/13/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      CO detector
      From my experience my hearing bounced back 1.5 month after exposure to a barrage of firecrackers while sleeping with the window open.