How Long Did It Take For You To Habituate to Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ifeel4U, Jul 16, 2014.

?

How long did it take for you to habituate to tinnitus?

1. 1 month

2. 2-3 months

3. 4-8 months

4. 9-12 months

5. 1-1.5 year

6. 2+ years

Results are only viewable after voting.
tinnitus forum
    1. Ifeel4U
      Wishful

Ifeel4U Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/25/14
      How long does it take to habituate to tinnitus or how long till it disappear?

2. ampumpkin
      Amused

ampumpkin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 12/2007 Increase: 04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2007: Meds(Antidepressant) 2014: Meds(Antibiotics)
      About 4 months in 2007 when it first started, and I'm in the process right now since my relapse, I'm 2 months into it and things are getting better :)

3. lapidus

lapidus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Impossible to answer. There is no right or wrong answer. It's totally individual. When I got T as a kid I habituated within a couple of weeks. If I had gotten it as an adult I would probably have a very hard time habituating since I'm not the same person now as I was way back then. I was a very carefree kid, but as an adult I'm very nervous and prone to anxiety and depression.

• Like Like x 1
    4. ampumpkin
      Amused

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'M also prone to anxiety unfortunately. I have a very low tolerance to T it seems....

5. Ifeel4U
      Wishful

Ifeel4U Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/25/14
      Was there anything you did to habituate faster or did anything help? I know i listen to white noise at night on my phone. During the day i can still hear the high pitched E sound...it but at times when im really busy I dont really notice it.

Side note: I did just pick up a bottle of lipoflavonoid which my ENT recommended. Why not give it a chance. Keep in mind that its only been 3 weeks, and i have never had this before.. I think the T was brough on my extreme stress that i had for 6 weeks prior to the start of my T.

6. ampumpkin
      Amused

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Ifeel4U when T first started, I got pregnant about 6 months after and the fact that I was pregnant and very happy about it made me habituate super fast. For 9 months, I felt "protected" by the baby, like I couldn't be sad or depressed... It continued after I gave birth, until 2014.

This time, I have taken the matter into my own hands and have decided that I don't want to let T ruin my life or take control of it. I'm habituating by keeping busy, maintaining a healthy lifestyle (sleep, food, stress level) and having hope for the future. I also have 3 children and it helps a lot :)

• Like Like x 1