Huge Tinnitus Reduction Over 10 Months (Noise Induced from Concerts)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Zud, Aug 21, 2020.

1. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-2019 (Mild, Cured) 8/2020 (Severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / Microsuction / Acoustic Trauma
      I agree with you on everything - progress is super slow but it looks like there is some glacial fading going on, and a slight increase in noise tolerance - I am at 4 months.

I ordered some 20 foot HDMI and USB cables to separate my desk from the actual PC chassis, so hoping it becomes a non-issue.

Hope your recovery continues to go well!

• Like Like x 1
    2. Ben Winders
      Pensive

Ben Winders Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      This may sound like a silly statement but bear with me: "While tinnitus is a total drag we couldn't have 'chosen' a better time to get it than now"

We are so close to actually finding a cure - Otonomy, FX-322, bimodal stimulation etc etc... we HAVE to hold on. Imagine how sad it would be if one more life was lost to this when this person would have been saved 2 years (?) down the line and trust me - I know 2 years sounds long to live with this beast.

GBB, imagine you putting on earmuffs and sitting in a quiet room blocking all external sounds and tuning into your tinnitus - what would you hear? What does your tinnitus sound like in a quiet setting?

3. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I agree with you 100%. Even if I had to live outdoors in a tent I'd try to stick around for the pipeline of things that should help. Fortunately, I don't feel so down now as I've had some improvement, though the first months were rough.

Right now I am in my bedroom which is about 30 decibels, which functionally is silence. My tinnitus in my left ear has two tones, a turbine whining sound, imagine the higher frequency parts of a plane engine mid-flight, and a lower wawawawawawawawa medium pulsing tone. My right ear has the same turbine noise except much quieter. My left is so much louder at the moment because of a loud bang earlier today which spiked me - if not for that both ears would be clearly audible, but low. It's the difference between the TV masking the majority of the noise vs it sticking out right over the television; I'm sure both will go down to lower volume over the next week or so, at which time I will still be able to hear them over the TV, but I'll have to kind of look for them.

4. Ben Winders
      Pensive

Ben Winders Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Haha so funny when you run into some random person half way across the world that aligns with a couple of points in the thought process like we seem to do.
      Literally yesterday I thought to myself (when I was outside walking groceries in): "Even if I have to live in a tent for the next two years, I MUST hold on"

I just have to mature quick and install other mental software to change and break the destructive negative thinking that I have been doing pretty much my whole life. It's a funny routine when all is well, but when something like this happens I really need to change the way I think >> starting with: think less.

After dinner just now I plugged my ears again to listen. I guess I want to make sure it doesn't get worse... but really this is not helping the 'habituation' process. This is borderline obsessive OCD... that's exactly what the tinnitus wants - at least the negative connotation. Doesn't have to become a positive connotation, just a "neutral" one.

• Like Like x 3
    5. Ken219
      Frustrated

Ken219 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer of 1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure?
    6. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      How are you doing now?

7. twa
      Busy

twa Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2017- mild /Sept. 2020-moderate
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      meds/acoustic trauma
      Hi GBB,

I wanted to tell you after I read your story about what I'm doing for inflammation. I have RA and I'm doing a strict anti-inflammatory protocol called AIP or Autoimmune Paleo. It has helped the fullness and swelling in my ears quite a bit, tinnitus level is the same mostly but I'm still early in the healing process. You might look into it if you'd like to try another possible facet to your recovery. I think it has also helped with anxiety, as I ate a normal food item (carrot cake which has wheat, sugar, eggs and dairy) over the holidays and I had a bad day following going off the diet. I went back to strict AI-Paleo and felt better.

Blessings,
      twa

8. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks - it's so kind of you to take the time to mention that! I've heard it said before that this kind of thing can be helpful. I will definitely look into it - it seems I have no shortage of time in my experience with this condition.

• Like Like x 1
    9. MindOverMatter

MindOverMatter Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (possibly stress related, and later sound induced)
      @GBB

I highly recommend supplementing with high dose Omega-3 as well with high ratio EPA.

• Like Like x 1
    10. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    11. MindOverMatter

MindOverMatter Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (possibly stress related, and later sound induced)
      @GBB

Hope you are doing slightly better these days! Take a look at my latest post on the thread:

Those with Tinnitus & Hyperacusis — What Was Your Progression Like?

My experience with hyperacusis. Might be something there of your interest. Also an interesting article regarding Omega-3.

12. Vassili
      Dreaming

Vassili Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      I still have this but "turbo mode" intensity is much lower after 13 months. Also I can say that I don't feel pain anymore. I do have lots of weird sensations in my head and body but I can't call it pain anymore.

• Like Like x 2