Hyperacusis Is Gone

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Apolonia, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Phat Tuna

Phat Tuna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hygienist
      Glad to hear you are getting better. How long was it before you started noticing improvement? Anything else you did to help the H? I'm in a phase now where it seems to just be getting worse everyday.

2. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      It took a long time, with ups and downs. I know that's vague, so let's say 3 months bad... then getting better... then bad again... then better etc.

After a year it's much better now but I would say I don't have normal thresholds for sound.

What helped me was a good diet, exercise and sleep and only protecting where it was necessary... this was really important and is a bit counterintuitive when you have hyperacusis. Everything hurts so the inclination is to protect... but if you are at home and it's quiet, a certain degree of sound is important for healing.
      Valium when things were out of control... but be careful with meds.

I have rambled, sorry.
      Food, exercise, protection where necessary, and rest.

Universe willing, you should have your hyperacusis get better in time.
      Hoping you heal up soon Phat Tuna, hyperacusis is awful. Be strong and patient and give it time.

I forgot... Salmon, avacado, fresh fruit, greens, ginger and garlic everyday.
      Magnesium...(placebo ?) can be good as well.

Good luck, let us know how you are doing and if we can help.
      Peace.

• Like Like x 4
    3. Phat Tuna

Phat Tuna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hygienist
      Thank you so much. Did you do any sort of sound therapy? Or just time and the things you've already mentioned?

I have been refraining from using earplugs in normal environments. But since it seems like it has only been getting worse lately, I have been questioning this.

Did you ever get noise distortion? I am hearing high pitched tones in certain sounds that shouldn't be there. Or maybe they are there, but I am hearing them amplified way too much over the rest of the sound.

And do you also have Tinnitus? If so, has your tinnitus gotten better along with the hyperacusis? My tinnitus has been terrible lately as hyperacusis came in and it is also highly reactive. It is my suspicion (and hope) that the hyperacusis is what's causing my tinnitus to run wild. Becuase when I first wake in the morning, the T is much lower, then builds up throughout the day as I am exposed to more sound. Thanks again!

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Dja
      Mellow

Dja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fridge, computer fans and lots of annoying sounds and stress
      Hyperacusis is faaaar worse than tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 3
    5. Dja
      Mellow

Dja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fridge, computer fans and lots of annoying sounds and stress
      I wonder how often the OP drank the ginger tea. What was the regime OP?

6. chinup

chinup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I’ve been drinking a ton of ginger beverages lately and I think it really does help with noxacusis burning. It’s short-lived relief but I consistently notice that the burning drastically reduces about 10 minutes after I consume ginger and seems to stay that way for a few hours. It often disappears entirely in that span. I’d compare it to taking Ibuprofen for a headache.