Hyperacusis Severely Worsened to Unlivable Suicidal Levels. Should I Go to Hospital/Get Steroids?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rojo, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Rojo

Rojo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neomycin/Xiflaxin
      Has anyone had steroids help with hyperacusis spikes and/or have them reduce the pain and sensitivity?

I'm literally in pain from every single noise. My hyperacusis has worsened severely over the past two weeks.

I don't even know how I could get to the hospital without even further destroying my ears, but I have Lyme disease/benzo withdrawal/IBS/awful neuro symptoms I need to see doctors for so I'm not healthy and able to just hermit for years, plus this has never gotten better, only worse, and I live with my parents who do not understand and won't let me just lay here for that long doing nothing.

Maybe they might even find and/or treat an underlying cause.

It feels like a long shot but right now it seems like that, or suicide, so anyone think steroids might have a chance of helping?

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. PolarSun

PolarSun Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      It helped me! I did two rounds, saved my sanity helped lower both the t and h

• Like Like x 1
    3. Juan

Juan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      My ENT recommended Deflazacort 30 mg, 1 pill every morning, for a few days. Give it a try for 3 - 5 days and see if it helps.

4. SoundB0und
      Balanced

SoundB0und Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      Hey @Rojo . How's it going? If you tried them, did the steroids help?