I Could Use Some Reassurance and Positivity — Hearing Silence Again?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rb86, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I'm 3 months in and haven't had much change in the overall volume of things in the past month. Feeling bummed that I'm not improving but just existing pretty much. Sometimes its louder but usually it's about the same static hiss.

I could use some encouragement that I have a chance of hearing silence again.

I noticed Lenire's exclusion requirements are having it at least 3 months... meaning for them at that point it's chronic.

I've gotten to the point where the waiting game has grown old, the hope of "what if" is now becoming dull.

2. Jogger1

Jogger1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hang in there. I’m at 6 months, and my tinnitus has faded every night now. Mornings are quiet! I highly recommend CBT.

I’m hopeful I’ll habituate in a year. It’s not a smooth line....lots of ups and downs.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Thanks Jogger. If I experience noticeable fading in the next 3 months I'll be happy.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Astro
      Alone

Astro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Even if it stays man.. you kinda get silence. Once you get to the point where you are used to it. And not really bothered by it. You will always hear it.... but you will kinda not sometimes. I go hours outside vusu with other things and yeah I suppose the ringing is there but i don't pay mind to it... it gets better man. Took a few years for me. But I'm slow af at everything so you'll be good soon

• Like Like x 3
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Thanks. I am reasonably functional 3 months later, but it still is depressing. Some days I just want one break. Let me hear silence once.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Is it quieter compared to two months ago?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I'd say yes. For certain I'm handling it better.

I recall the hiss really sounding like soda going down my throat so it was a little more powerful of a hiss....

I did go through trazodone for a couple weeks which really quieted it down but I had some odd side effects, felt like it was hard to breath on it.

I got off it probably a month ago so it's been a little louder since that particular period.

I'm sleeping longer for sure. I get at least 6 hours lately, no masking or sleep aids.

8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      In that case, there is no reason for it to not continue fading. This fading might slow down at times - don't worry about that. After about a year or two you ought to be in a much better place than you are now.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I appreciate you Bill. The grand waiting game we're all in.

• Like Like x 1
    10. Rkelly24

Rkelly24 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hello : ) First, I want to let you know that everything will be OK. I have had Tinnitus for about 10 years now. When it first started I was very anxious about it. I could not sleep or concentrate - it was all consuming. I tried everything to make the noise go away including taking all kinds of pills - ultimately none of that worked and I ended up wasting many weeks waiting for the "medication" to work. I ended up finding an audiologist who recommended Neuromonics which I tried as a last resort. And it worked!! Not by making the noise go away but by training my brain to essentially ignore the sound. It took a little time but ultimately relief was at hand. And the good news for you is that today it is far easier to find Neuromonics-type solutions including a number of downloadable apps...Just keep in mind that those won't be as customized for your specific Tinnitus sound. I know what you are going through so please give this a try. Also, be careful with your ears. I have spikes in ringing volume from time to time caused by allergies, loud noises and stress (which I actually have now, lol). If you have this just know that it will settle back down in time. We would all love a cure but in the meantime you can live a perfectly happy life even with the ringing. I promise! Hang in there. It will get better!

• Like Like x 1
    11. Jogger1

Jogger1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hang in there. Since I last posted, I’ve had many quiet days or days where I just don’t notice it. I’m always thankful for those days, and love hearing silence. It will happen to you too. My best advice is to quiet your mind about tinnitus. I meditate everyday and I truly believe it helps.

Good luck and be patient. It will fade.

• Like Like x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Working at it... it's been an extreme week in highs and lows...

Thanks guys.

• Hug Hug x 1