I Don't Know How to Continue

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Emmi, Sep 10, 2016.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Emmi
      Not amused

Emmi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      @Michael Leigh

I have read your post and thanks for the long and informative answer! I am starting to feel slightly better, but the other symptoms which come along with T, such as ear pain and this constant fullness are very hard to handle for me. I know that my chances are low that T will disappear completely, because I have just had it for too long now... I just wish the other symptoms would go away and that it would reduce a little in volume.

I am quite sure that I will start a TRT therapy at some point, because in the end this is the only option we currently have. And even though I kind of know that already, I can't help myself but continue with every possible treatment out there in order to have the feeling that I really have done everything I could. And if I really have tried everything else, I will be able to go the road of accepting it. But I am just not yet ready for that.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. sirokinl

sirokinl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My advice is to go see a psychologist. That helped me enormously to learn about fight-or-flight. Seems you are (just like me) focused on the what-you-cannot-do-anymore. Also keep a journal, write down what you did, how you felt, what you ate and drank and how you experienced your T on a scale from 1 to 10.

3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Emmi Tinnitus and a feeling of fullness in the ear is not uncommon with exposure to loud noise (noise trauma to the auditory system) My onset of my tinnitus 20 years ago was caused by headphone use and I experienced fullness in my ears for quite a long time but things did improve. However, the pain in your ears I would be concerned about and in my opinion you should be seen by ENT Dr and tests should be carried out. Any pain in the ear (and not just a feeling of fullness) should be investigated. If your ENT Dr doesn't want to carry out further test then I advise that you see another Dr for a second opinion.

4. MJv
      No Mood

MJv Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know
      Hello Christian,
      How are you? Me too have this severe tinnitus and hyperacusis, it's a daily hell.
      I take two Zoplicon to sleep for a couple. I feel so numbed and like it isn't me.
      I was wondering if you went too see the lady in Norway? What exactly is she doing?
      All the best, regards

• Like Like x 1
    5. ebbie

ebbie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's
      @Emmi did you get cured?