I Don't Want to Risk It

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ben Jubel, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Ben Jubel
      Wishful

Ben Jubel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/05/2013
      when I talk to people about my tinnitus, they tell me that "Hey just live life. forget about it! go out there and have fun!"

However, after two hearing tests it is quiet obvious that there is some hearing loss in my right ear. The T is only 1.5 months old. Today I'm going to a soccer game (5k people) at 7pm. I just don't want to risk it.

My father says I should wear earplugs, but I don't know if that will work :(

We cannot sell the tickets and my father has nobody to go with. What should I do?

2. Lulubug69
      Artistic

Lulubug69 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      I would definitely wear ear plugs, these types of events can be very loud. You should go and get out there and enjoy yourself.

3. Danny
      Fine

Danny Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Go to the game with your dad, you will live I promise unless you get beat to death by soccer hooligans, live you life buddy....

4. Relic Hunter
      Cynical

Relic Hunter Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1990
      Wear the earplugs and enjoy yourself. I have had tinnitus for years. I know that at times I become almost paranoid about my hearing and the fact that anything will make the T. worse. I just use a pair of earplugs or earmuffs when in doubt. If someone happens to think I am a wimp for wearing them, so what..

5. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Earplugs! And enjoy yourself :)