I Forgot Him... But Now It's Back

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by July23, Sep 3, 2015.

1. July23

July23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/10/2009
      I have it since 2009, it was difficult at that time, but somehow, in 8-10 months and with white noise during night, I manage to cope with it. Most all the time I didn't remember that I have it, but I must admit, the noise was very easy to cover by the outside, environmental noise. But starting 3 weeks, suddenly, the T from the right ear became very very high pitch, I here it all the time, inside of the brain, very difficult to mask, and boom...I'm desperate again. I already go to the psychiatrist, he gave me anxiolytic treatment...I only can hope that may brain will accept this new sound, but for me is very difficult to believe in those moments.
      I wait for you to tell me your opinions.
      Thank you.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Xynic

Xynic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Hey July,

My second one was so difficult to mask at first, and also very high pitched! You're just three weeks in, trust me it gets better. My guess is that your second tinnitus was probably brought on by stress, depression, or some radical change in your life. I'm three months in with my second and coping really well now, and it keeps getting better - most of the time now I don't hear it. Don't give up, I know this initial time is hard to deal with. Is there anything that brings you relief right now? For me it was initially being in quieter environments, like my house - it actually was less irritated that way. Then I took a couple of weeks off my job, spent a lot of time in parks reading, cooked and ate good food - that calmed me down and that's when I really started to learn to cope. The tinnitus went down for more and more of the time! Finally, I went back to my job, started listening to music and watching movies again normally - it worked! Slowly I learned to totally drown it out, and the more you learn to do that, the more it will actually go down. It takes its sweet time and I still have setbacks now and then, but on the whole it's definitely going uphill. Think of what you can change in your life for the better and de-stress and then DO IT.

3. Mike TerMaaten

Mike TerMaaten Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 20, 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2013 GMC Sierra pickup truck
      I completely agree.
      Or also re-exposure to some sort of damaging external noise/sound/stimuli

Had been over my T. 99% at least. And now in this past week, a stupid decision on my part (exposure to loud ProAudio equipment ) has caused it to return, to some extent.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      July23

July23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/10/2009
      Thank you for your responses Xynic and Mike TermMaateen. For me is like this: my left ear has a familiar noise for me now, the one that suddenly became very very sharp, in such high frequency is my right. In this period is also better for me to stay in silence, because somehow, things are more balanced when I hear both ears screaming. When I go outside, the noise from the left ear it's easily covered from external sound, and this is very unpleasant, because I can hear this sharp very high frequency pitch inside of my brain, and this is very very annoying. In this moment I can't imagine that I can get used with this, going out and hear my head screaming. Do you think is possible to ignore that? I must admit that there are days when he decreased at a level that or I can't here it outside or it is easy to ignore, this I call GOOD DAYS, this week was 3, and are some days when is loud and horrible, I hear it in my car, I hear it if I m outside on a terrace, the environmental noises can't manage to cover it. Now, after a difficult night, I don't want to go out, even if is a sunny day and a friend of mine want to go with bicycle, I'm so afraid to hear this in my head, outside, in a sunny day. I feel like I'm a deep depression. I was for 2 month with someone, he decided for about 4 days now, not to call me and see me anymore. I believe he realize that is too much for him this period, and this is also frustrating for me. I feel like I'm in one black hole, hope time help me to get trough this, and hope my brain accept this noise.
      I need your words, if you will find time...
      Thanks.

• Hug Hug x 2
    5. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 resolved, 4/20 L ear, increase 2/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Hi,

Hang in there. What I have read is that it should subside in intensity as time goes on. Hopefully not too long. I am so sorry you are going thorough this. To be doing so well and have this happen must be so upsetting. I am sending you warm thoughts that you will improve soon. As for the guy, people who do not have T do not get it. My husband is not always the best support. As depressing as it is to have a relationship end, try to focus in getting better and back or baseline. Then you can meet someone new.

Best wishes.

6. UKJon

UKJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Prolonged stress followed by bereavement
      If you were with someone for 2 months and they don't now call you, this is cruel. I don't think you need this person anyway and I am sorry that you have been treated like this. You need to find someone with empathy, sympathy, understanding and patience.