I Heard That Someone Might Get Tinnitus After Having Their Ears Syringed. Is It Possible?

njusa

Author
Jun 13, 2014
I heard that someone might get tinnitus after having their ears irrigated / syringed. Is that really possible?? Did anyone on here get tinnitus from that?

I heard that someone might get tinnitus after having their ears irrigated / syringed. Is that really possible?? Did anyone on here get tinnitus from that?
yes it's possible. I've read of many people getting t due to it. Put a few drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide in the ears to clean it out.

Putting olive oil drops from the chemist with a dropper in your ears every day for a week to ten days prior to wax removal should make sure the crusted wax is soft enough for removal that can build around your drum....lots of love glynis

It happened to me - syringed at a clinic by a tech for wax build up. It happened about the same time, maybe to the day or week as Markku. My T was a 10, very severe high pitch for 3.5 years, then the pitch lighten a slight bit and combined to a loud buzz. I used a different handle when I posted 6 years ago. I been gone from this board for about five years. I just came back due to a dental accident. Now I have an 11 high pitch. I wonder how Markku's T has been doing. I always feel so bad for others here.

Those of you who have T from syringing, is your T in only the one ear or do you perceive it in both ears/your head? Do you get spikes from loud environments?
Does anyone know why the syringing can cause T? Does it disrupt the bones in the middle ear or something?
My T started after a perforated eardrum (I'm still not sure if it's from the injury or the drops that I used only one time). I've been curious how outer and middle ear trauma can cause T if the hair cells in the cochlea haven't been injured.

My T started after a perforated eardrum (I'm still not sure if it's from the injury or the drops that I used only one time). I've been curious how outer and middle ear trauma can cause T if the hair cells in the cochlea haven't been injured.

The ear drum and the middle ear are physically connected to the cochlea, so a trauma on the ear drum is mechanically transmitted to the cochlea for example. That's how noise induced hearing loss works: your ear drum and ossicles may look perfect after the trauma, but the damage has been done in the cochlea.

The ear drum and the middle ear are physically connected to the cochlea, so a trauma on the ear drum is mechanically transmitted to the cochlea for example. That's how noise induced hearing loss works: your ear drum and ossicles may look perfect after the trauma, but the damage has been done in the cochlea.

So the vibrations through the bones during trauma are enough to damage hair cells?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now