I Heard That Someone Might Get Tinnitus After Having Their Ears Syringed. Is It Possible?

Discussion in 'Support' started by njusa, Jun 13, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. njusa

njusa Member

I heard that someone might get tinnitus after having their ears irrigated / syringed. Is that really possible?? Did anyone on here get tinnitus from that?

2. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      yes it's possible. I've read of many people getting t due to it. Put a few drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide in the ears to clean it out.

3. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Yes it can, though rare. It happened to @Markku the creator of this forum.

4. dan
      Chatty

dan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      I know a man who got tinnitus from an ear vaccum.

5. Robstarr

Robstarr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Subsequent to an ear irrigation procedure
      It was an ear irrigation procedure that kickstarted my tinnitus

6. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Putting olive oil drops from the chemist with a dropper in your ears every day for a week to ten days prior to wax removal should make sure the crusted wax is soft enough for removal that can build around your drum....lots of love glynis

7. Iam

Iam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wax extraction
      Yes, it was my case too. But prior to the ear irrigation, I started to hear short ringings that stopped when I pressed my ear with a finger. I've read an article where it says that irrigation is a very unsafe procedure and every once in a while causes ear damage. Don't know what to think: http://www.healthy.net/Health/Article/QA/5916