I Know of 2 People in My Family Whose Tinnitus Has Gone Away

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Lesly, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      How do you define "recovered"? My T had faded compared to how it was during the first month. It began improving soon after I began protecting my ears (i.e., ear plugs whenever I am outside of my home).

• Like Like x 3
    2. MikeB1996

MikeB1996 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/rave
      Recovered fully, you see I've noticed some success stories that involve people that didn't do anything special for it to go away, when i see that i wonder did they use earplugs or not.

I guess it just makes me feel odd that when I'm in the city or a pub (On a quiet night for a few drinks with people) and i notice I'm the only one with earplugs..
      Apparently tinnitus is fairly common.. but it just doesn't seem like it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Most people who had recovered, recovered spontaneously, without any treatments. People who haven't used earplugs, might have done it this way because they spend their times in quiet environments. I was able to work from home this year, and so I haven't really been wearing earplugs, despite the fact that I always wear earplugs whenever I step outside of my home.

4. MikeB1996

MikeB1996 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/rave
      Same here, wear them outside usually, unless I'm out the back chopping wood for a fire as that is pretty loud :) My T is kinda acting strange lately, buy more in a good way, for example there were 2 nights this week where the left T fades to about 80%, so quiet i could ignore it with ease, right stayed the same but it's bearable too. One night the T switched ears... That was strange :)

• Like Like x 1
    5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      That had happened to me too once. It happened after I had some alcohol.

6. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      It just amazing from medical articles on how many recover from severe tinnitus that have a complete medical team. This includes those that have high pitch ringing and had it for years.

There's many procedures that can eliminate tinnitus. Getting a specialized team together even in Boston or California, is next to impossible. It's about the amount of time needed to be able to spend with a patient and finding the smart doctors who care. Ones that are not connected to a greedy hospital system. Insurance costs is another problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    7. Leodavinci
      Bookworm

Leodavinci Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/26/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic + Sudden hearing loss
      I've heard of others quoting ENTs saying that over protecting your ears is a bad idea. That theory is 100% bullshit and makes zero sense. The ears get overstimulated in most environments and ALWAYS protecting them is only going to keep them safe.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lesly

Lesly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 August 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      Think of it this way...What will happen to your eyes if you wear shades all the time to avoid any form of light? Your eyes will eventually become very sensitive to light. Your ears need stimulation but in moderation. Everything in moderation. So i think what they are saying is that Yes do protect your ears from loud sounds etc but also allow them to be stimulated by normal sounds else they will develop sensitivity to normal sounds. Atleast thats how i understand it.

• Agree Agree x 6
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    9. MikeB1996

MikeB1996 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/rave
      I understand what you mean fully.... But that's simply not a great life.. I'm pretty much used to my T after 4 months but I'm sick of using ear plugs whenever in outside or in a car/train... A friend of mine has T he's a good bit older than me.... Attends pubs fairly often... No earplugs... Apparently his T is still the same... I don't know him that well to know how his T started... But it's just an example.

• Creative Creative x 1
    10. CaRd
      Cheerful

CaRd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety/Stress/Lack of sleep/Headphones
      Well ... I can vouch for T improving a lot with time. I had mine a couple of months now(since March). It was my birthday present, so i look at it like something special :D I once had a couple of days going out with friends in really loud places just to drive out the depression. And then all hell broke out :D Tinnitus in both ears with a couple of new sounds added. Loud hissing too. After a few months i got used to it. I could barely hear my old T anymore, because the new sounds were so intense. Then, a few weeks ago it started to come back louder and i realized that it was just the other noises that went quieter. You can't imagine my relief and when going to sleep, i was listening to my old buddy and smiling :D It did not bother me at all.

Well ... that was then ... because a week ago i went again to some loud places(after months staying in quiet and avoiding social life at some degree). I met that girl which is a singer, so i made some stupid decisions. This time i brought ear plugs. Well ... it did not work. Now i am back at starting point, but i have great hope that things will go back to "normal" again. And will avoid such loud places even with earplugs.

I have to say, that i started noticing improvement after taking NAC and ALCAR. So it might have something to do with it.

But the point is - I am no longer concerned about that matter. Yes, it is quite annoying. And NO, it won't kill me. So that's fine. I can even read now without letting it distract me. If i can do it, everybody can. Because i have had some pretty bad experience with nerves, depression and so on ... I am even thankful to this condition, because i finely found a reason to reboot my life, and now i am doing much better than before i had T. Lost a lot of weight because i changed my food regime. Sport is still an issue because of other health issues(which i "earned" through sport), so if i somehow manage to add that ingredient and finally stop smoking, things could improve a lot more.

So don't give up! Just do your best and keep your spirits high! Best of luck to all!

• Like Like x 1
    11. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Thank you for sharing your story. I hope others will trust you and me, and won't experiment with attending loud events and places while wearing ear plugs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    12. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      Damn it, even in a real success stories' comments, you can't escape the """""""""". New sub-section when?

13. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I agree. A habituation subforum would be nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      Seriously discriminating between the two types of success story would be extremely helpful to people looking for hope.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    15. CaRd
      Cheerful

CaRd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Real success stories? I am posting this as a warning. If you can't even realize that, i don't know what to tell you. If you want to be a part of those really successful stories, you better read what other people like me has to say, and don't experiment.

16. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      I don't know. Part of it was a warning (thanks btw), but the rest really smells like fresh """""""""". On this forum it's hard to give the benefit of the doubt.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Useful Useful x 1
    17. Rick Garner
      Fine

Rick Garner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/ 2016 (T free since mid March 2017) 
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD (most probably)
      Please note that I am writing this based on my experience. I never wore ear plugs during the period I had tinnitus as my tinnitus did not react to anything such as loud sounds, salt, coffee and sugar etc. I even saw the movie "Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk " in December last year without earplugs while having tinnitus. I also had a long 13 hour flight to LA (flew without earplugs). IMO, if your tinnitus is reactive to sound, it had better to protect your ears in loud places, and it will definitely help speeding up the healing process. BTW, it looks like I am the only one still hanging around here in this forum after recovery. :wacky:

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
    18. CaRd
      Cheerful

CaRd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      All of it was a warning. I am writing all this because i don't want you to have so high expectations, only to be depressed later on if your's is not going away. It is not the end of the world and you learn how to live with it. If i can with 4 differend sounds, so you can. Don't get me wrong. I still believe that i will get rid of this bugger(and i sure will). And so should you. But waiting for it to happen any time now won't do you a favor. Not at all. I tend to read mostly the success stories on this forum too ...

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      For a long time (when my ears were very sensitive to noise) I would wear plugs when going to the store, or out to eat. After about a year I started to go places without plugs in, and eventually I started going places and wouldn't even think about putting in plugs. I still (and always will) carry plugs with me all the time just in case I need them. I will always protect my ears from loud noises.

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. Lulu99

Lulu99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown but I think because ETD
      My sister she was using Q tips and I guess she buch the Q tips to her ear drum there was a tiny blood then she stat hearing voices popping breathing she was tell me now I know how you feel :( after like three days. She says I feel something inside my ear I took a Q tip and come out this huge liquid black from her ear
      After this her tinnitus is gone . wow it's crazy she's lucky LOL . I hope this was helpful

ps: sorry for my bad English

• Agree Agree x 1
    21. MikeB1996

MikeB1996 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/rave
      Hey sorry for the late reply, my t only started reacting after my ears got full of wax.. That could be the problem, I'll get that sorted after the new year :) So how long did you have t, how loud was it and how did you get it? I'm glad you're here even after recovery man, you're giving everyone else hope!

22. .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      Ok so I have waited now for a month to be sure before I said anything. I mentioned this to Fishbone a month back so now I will tell my story.
      While sitting in a herb and vitamin shop a young lady came in and asked if she put Apple cider vinegar with the Mother in it would it make her hair grow?
      Huuuuuuuh? I said so curious I looked it up. The first thing to come up was Apple cider vinegar with Mother and Tinnitus. I read the entire page. The vinegar taken in warm water filtered water and a tablespoon of cider added consumed 10 minutes before eating. Supposed to reduce the ringing or stop it. If your T was caused by infection or colds. But would reduce the noise in T from traumatic exposure. So what the hell I will give it try. After a month of using this I don't hear any ringing high pitch and hissing at all. It's quiet and it's peaceful.

• Like x 1
      • Agree x 1
      • Good Question x 1
      • Winner x 1
      • Informative x 1
    23. Rick Garner
      Fine

Rick Garner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/ 2016 (T free since mid March 2017) 
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD (most probably)
      Hi Mike,

It's okay. Check the below link. I have written down the whole story. Hope you will recover soon!
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/my-battle-with-tinnitus-was-over.21013/

24. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      So the recommendation is to add one tablespoon of cider vinegar to a glass of warm water and to drink that 10 minutes before a meal, right?

I will try it! Thank you.

25. .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      Yes be sure the vinegar has the Mother in it. It is recommended three times a day on an empty stomach. I was a bit sceptical about posting cause you know tinnitus hey here I am I'm back. So far all is good

26. .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      It doesn't happen overnight so don't give up. Here where I live it's a cheap alternative 4 euros a bottle

• Like Like x 1
    27. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      What's that?! Are you talking about motherwort?

How long did you take it for before your T went away?

28. .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      1. Yes the vinegar should show the Mother is in it @Bill Bauer I've been taking it for 6 or 7 weeks. There's been no ringing now for a week and a half

• Like Like x 1
    29. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      Did it reduce gradually or suddenly while taking the vinegar?From what I can figure out it took you between 1 month and 6 weeks.And how long did you have T for?

• Winner Winner x 1
    30. .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      It took a good 4 weeks for it to take effect I've had tinnitus for over a year and now is the first time its gone quiet @Tony Phylactou. To have silence and sleep is a blessing even if its a short time.
      Now the theory behind the vinegar is that it cleanses the system. Im 70 years young and during the year I had well ignored the tinnitus but it sometimes beat me

• Like Like x 3