I Need Support, Now More Than Ever

Discussion in 'Support' started by demi, Dec 5, 2013.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      demi
      No Mood

demi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      AND IT CONTINUES...

So for the past 2 weeks I went through hell and back, and finally the past couple days I was feeling a bit better - ears still stuffed up, but felt less stuffed up. The ringing was still loud but I was seeing past it for most of the day. Then yesterday I went shopping and the music in one of the stores was so loud. I plugged my ears and paid for what I was getting and left. I later went to a screening of a documentary. I put my ear plugs in, sat the furthest back as I could from speakers, and left after 10 minutes. It was loud and I was too scared to risk it.

Now last night was bad. Both of my ears were so so so loud, and this morning they are so bad and now both ears feel very full.

I am scared for my future. I am 23 years old, I just feel so young and don't want to give up on my life.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Demi,

I understand where you're coming from! Please give it a couple days, and then see if your ears are beginning to feel better. Usually, for me, at least, my tinnitus goes back to baseline after a small amount of noise exposure.

Part of the problem is our culture. It's too bad that even stores and restaurants these days feel like they have to have loud-volume music to attract customers!! And don't get me started on movies and concerts; they are just too loud!
      Last night, I went to a special Christmas show at church (this church is in the U.S., and has a state of the art sound system). I didn't bring ear plugs (it was at church, right?), but the sound was so loud, I ended up holding my hands over my ears till the end of the show!

For your current situation, I'd suggest spending a couple of days in quiet environments, if that's possible. You can play soft sounds, such as pink noise or nature sounds, in the background. And try a soothing supplement or tea like chamomile before bed. Hopefully, your tinnitus will go back to its original level soon.

Best wishes,
      Karen

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      If your tinnitus is barely present when you plug your ear, then just wear earplugs all day.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      demi
      No Mood

demi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      @Karen It did seem to get a bit better, but still not better to the baseline I had prior to the exposure that changed it/spiked it on Black Friday. My ears still continue to feel full, and I'm not quite used to it yet, or the clicking I hear when I swallow.

:/

5. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      I experienced this for almost a year once. I had faith it would get better and it did. And in time maybe your other symptoms will subside. But you probably learned something about concerts, ears, and friends. In the months and years to come, remember, another blast will bring it right back where it left off. It's cumulative.

6. carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      My t gets louder when i plug, but i still plug all day if i´m going out, would never go out unplugged, too many danger situations out there!!!

7. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      When I plug my ears, my footsteps make loud thumping noise which is very loud to me. I think if you walk on heel shoes, you get much less thumping noise...but I am a man.
      I`m thinking of getting Bose noise cancelling earphones and just wearing them all the time, like Object16 does.

8. Hunszi
      Alone

Hunszi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 (got worse in 20,21)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced

Same here @demi ...my T got worse after a party, I took a few weeks to get used to it, not fully, but I was pretty okay, I skiped parties for more than a month, and went to one because my ex. are hanged to my neck to go...I worn 33db earplugs, but the next morning I felt the same as you...stuffy ear and loud ringing again. That was the moment when I decided I will never ever go to a party again. It`s just doesn`t worth it...So currently I guess my mind is playing with me. I don`t believe my T got worse, those were industrial earplugs.