I Thought It Was Going Away...

Discussion in 'Support' started by hopeforme, Mar 19, 2017.

1. hopeforme

hopeforme Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown/ear infection/noise
      I was doing so well. I couldn't hear it at all during the day and faintly at night.

Then one day I was in my son's room and he screamed out of anger and it echoed. Right after that the EEEEEE came right back. It's been with me since... maybe 3 days now. I can hear it over the fridge and sometimes TV now.

No idea what's going to happen. Just need to vent.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @hopeforme ,
      Babies screams can be really loud and earpearcing.
      Im sure it will settle over the next few days....
      Could have some noise reduction plugs handy when he throws a paddy !!!.....
      Lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @hopeforme. Hi try not to stress easy said then done I know . Your tinnitus will settle down give it time. I've been off this forum for a while because I've had the biggest spike ever!! And needed time and help to deal with it But I'm much better now. And your tinnitus will settle down to. tinnitus is unpredictable at times and can cause a lot of stress which as we all know can make things a whole lot worse. Children can have the most loudest screams and can catch you unaware at times that's something that you cannot Predict.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hopeforme

hopeforme Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you for always being positive.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hopeforme

hopeforme Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you. I needed to hear it from people who understand. What are some things you do to calm yourself down?

6. Richard zurowski

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @hopeforme. Hi. Stress is the main issue when you have tinnitus. We all know that tinnitus feeds of stress. I've found that relaxation is the best method in helping to lower the volume. I listen to relaxation CDs there are many out there also I've found that body massage is great to, particularly Indian head massage which I find very relaxing and it helps me immensely With my tinnitus. Try it!! If you google Indian head massage there are many benefits for your health and wellbeing by having this done. Hope I have helped you in some way in dealing with your tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    7. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      • Like Like x 1
    8. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Richard zurowski ,
      Hi son,
      Had my name changed to just glynis....
      Hope you are alot better with your low mood and tinnitus behaving for you....lots of love mum x

9. Richard zurowski

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @glynis. Hi mother. I've been through some bad days with my tinnitus recently so bad that my depression came back big time. But I'm a strong willed person and I refuse to let this get the better of me. My doctor has helped me by referring me for counselling and upping my medication. Which is helping .I know you had a very bad time also recently and you came back fighting. That also helped me to. So I'm back and glad to be on the forum again mother.

• Like Like x 1
    10. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Son,
      Great to hear your getting looked after by your doctor and soon having counselling and that helped me also when I needed exrta support last year .
      Great to see you back and I know you will get through it and like me show your ears whos the boss....
      We may get knocked down but we bounce back stronger....lots of love mum x

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hopeforme

hopeforme Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You have helped, thank you for being kind and positive. I will look into the things you have mentioned. As I write my T is low, the fridge is masking it. I have a quiet fridge too. Hoping things will settle down.

I wish you well.

• Hug Hug x 2
    12. grotulon
      Breezy

grotulon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/5/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Has it gone back down to the tone you had before the scream?

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hopeforme

hopeforme Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I still get moments of silence and we will see with time. I'd say it's a 2/10 at worse a 4/10. But I'm giving it time and will update.

14. grotulon
      Breezy

grotulon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/5/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yeah just gotta be careful, i'm in the same boat, mines progressively going down, sometimes it gets bad, just stay positive, remember a lot of stories on here are from people with the worst case scenarios that have a 10/10 always.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hopeforme

hopeforme Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It seems like it's gotten a little lower..I should say less reactive.

At this point I am just accepting it and moving on. I don't have hope that it'll go away. That set me up for a horrible downfall. Now I wake up and think "I know it's there, don't check it, just move on."

16. SallyT

SallyT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Asymmetric high-frequency sensorineural hearing loss
      I know how you feel. On good days when it's relatively quiet- I think "oh could this be it, is it fading on it's own...please please please" and then the next day I get up and it's clanging so loudly I'm shaking and SO disappointed.

I try to think positive- like "Thank God for the good days" but I'm still new to this and my roller coaster ride is still very much going on full blast.

• Hug Hug x 1
    17. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's unpleasant to think about and I do tend to be vigilant about earplugs when I'm dealing with my kid, but I guess on some level I've accepted that my kid may someday really hurt my hearing, and I'd much rather live with that possibility than not have kids out of fear that they might hurt my hearing. I'm okay with giving up lots of basically unimportant things to my tinnitus: large-bore rifles, automatic weapons, loud rock shows, shooting off lots of fireworks. I'm waaaay too stubborn to give up my family life goals just because of some stupid shrieking hell banshees in my head.

Something is going to kill me, some day, and any number of other things will probably mess my body up in the mean time.

It sounds like things are headed in the right direction, @hopeforme -- I hope you continue to feel better! <3

• Hug Hug x 1