I Want to Kill the Bully Who Assaulted Me by Cupping His Hands Around My Ear and Yelled in My Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by ChristopherD, Oct 23, 2017.

1. ChristopherD
      Wtf

ChristopherD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 28, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma - (idiot yelled straight into my ear)
      Copy of Share Camera360 photos.jpg I want to go kill the bully who assaulted me by cupping his hands around my ear and yelling straight into my ear with all his lungs. He's a criminal, he robbed my life. Five months of not being able to sleep. I can't take this any longer. Tinnitus is driving me crazy, this never ending torture, this incessant sound.

I have seeked the local authority's and police's help, but they are so ignorant here in México that they haven't even ever heard about the concept of tinnitus before, so they totally ignore me and told me there was nothing they could do, because they don't understand my complaint, nor care to address it.

I want justice one way or another, even if nobody is willing to help, and it means obtaining it with my own hands. I was sitting down and he crept from behind my back like a coward. He had been bullying me for over an hour. His day will come...

• Hug Hug x 14
      • Agree Agree x 3
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChristopherD
      Wtf

ChristopherD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 28, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Francisco Toriz Flores

Zapopan, Jalisco, México.

I hate you fucking criminal.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Creative Creative x 1
    3. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      If you did the same thing to him would they be just as ignorant?
      Just a question.

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Probably. It's not just Mexico, even in the US hearing damage and tinnitus is seen as something minor.

• Agree Agree x 6
      • Informative Informative x 1
    5. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      What happened to you was horrendous, and you are the victim of injustice, pain and suffering. Don't let hatred consume you, even though it's very difficult not to. My favorite saying regarding this is, "Resentment is like taking poison, and waiting for the other person to die.", Malachy McCourt.

As you said, regarding your assailant, his day will come.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. Christophe_85
      Alone

Christophe_85 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure...
      Same here in Switzerland...

• Informative Informative x 2
    7. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Everywhere.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Informative Informative x 1
    8. Zinnia
      No Mood

Zinnia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      I feel what your're going through. I also fantasize a lot about seriously hurting the person who did this to me and to the person who just made it worse 16 days ago. It's unreal I have so many disgusting mixed emotions inside and feel completely sick.

I hope your tinnitus lightens.

• Hug Hug x 2
    9. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Just looking at him there, he looks like someone who needs a little killin'.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    10. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I understand the anger that comes from having your hearing permanently damaged by someone else's actions all too well. For me it wasn't just the person that caused it, but everyone that swept me under the rug and covered it up. I won't go into all the thoughts that went through my head, I'm not comfortable with talking about that online; but in the end, I've found the only thing the rumination and brooding accomplishes is it makes my tinnitus louder. I still do get angry when my tinnitus is particularly bad. I really think it does make this condition harder to accept when someone else is to blame. There are a few other people on this forum whose tinnitus was caused by someone else. People will just f*ck your life up and go about their merry way only caring for themselves.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Hug Hug x 1
    11. Jake007

Jake007 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss for long time, chainsaw, infections
      Payback is a bitch, and I hope you get it. I know I would.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChristopherD
      Wtf

ChristopherD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 28, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Knowing my luck... I bet I would get thrown in jail, due to discrimination against anybody who looks American, blonde or what derogatorily is referred to as "gringo", which I am, but I'm also a Mexican. I'm actually a dual citizen.

They would stick me in even more because of it being vengeance, plus all the witnesses of what he did to me are his best friends and cousin. To add to that, I'm alone here in México, and he has like a million family members, so I already know they would come hunting for me. Unlike me, he does know where I live.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChristopherD
      Wtf

ChristopherD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 28, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Why is vanquishing a human being's auditory sense regarded as something minor? But it goes way deeper, it's brain damage, since there's no real sound to evoke that eternal phantom like ringing. I feel it like killing the person's quality of life. How is that something minor?

Is poking someone's eye out considered just as minor?

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChristopherD
      Wtf

ChristopherD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 28, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's not just hatred, it's a combination of frustration, depression, insomnia, hyperacuosia/hyperacusia, impotence, eustachian tube dysfunction, aural fullness, mental exhaustion, hearing loss, what has been consuming me... I wish I had silence.

Sometimes I feel this person will just walk away like nothing ever happened, it really gets me.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChristopherD
      Wtf

ChristopherD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 28, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks brother/sister for opening up and sharing your feelings... how did this person hurt you?

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChristopherD
      Wtf

ChristopherD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 28, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I wish I could punch his face every time I think of the ringing in my head... I started shadow boxing everyday, waiting for that moment.

Thanks for the invaluable support, people without tinnitus just don't understand.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChristopherD
      Wtf

ChristopherD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 28, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The first ENT I went to, told something wise, something along these lines, "One needs to know how to choose your friends." I wish I had known, that the person who invited me over to the place where this occurred to me, whom could have also been my eyewitness/witness, was not my friend. He was taking pictures as it happened and inciting the bully even more by laughing."

Sometimes I feel like I have lost my hope in humanity, but then there's always that person that comes out of nowhere and is willing to listen or help out without even knowing you. Thanks to all of you for hanging in there, because I know nobody out there without tinnitus would want to listen to this story of mine. Having tinnitus has made me aware who my real friends are.

All of this has made me question the existence of karma.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChristopherD
      Wtf

ChristopherD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 28, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I hope so too, it means the world to me brother. I sure will keep my fingers crossed. I don't know how to find out where he lives... the people who know him, won't tell me.

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChristopherD
      Wtf

ChristopherD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 28, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Reading and replying to all your comments got me sort of tired, thanks for helping me discharge in a way some of this pent-up negativity taking over my soul.

• Hug Hug x 1
    20. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      I don't believe in an eye for an eye. I believe in two eyes for an eye. Personally I would make sure he gets worse tinnitus than mine.
      In any case, do not make any "physical" harm to him and protect your ears efficiently if you want to give him a noisy treatment.

• Like Like x 2
      • Genius Genius x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    21. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It's not minor in my book. Not in the slightest, it's just that's how most people see it.

Mine was a coworker. Management blamed me and swept me under the rug even though there was nothing differently I could have done. He's a senior employee so he can get away with just about anything. I was actually more pissed off with management that the coworker after the first few months. Any sort of payback would only make my life a lot worse. That's the sad truth. A lot of people talk eye for an eye, but put in the same situation I doubt any of them would go through with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Who is in the picture? The bully? Other people understood that it's him, but i would like a confirmation. And the person who's pulled by the hair is you?

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChristopherD
      Wtf

ChristopherD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 28, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sorry for the typos, it should have been more like:

The first ENT I went to, told me something wise, something along these lines, "One needs to know how to choose one's friends."

Touché. Not everybody who seems to be a friend is a friend, and to add to that, every human, is really a human.

24. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      @Alue
      Your case has no bearing on his case. The two cases are completely different. I feel compassion towards you, but his case has a better chance in a court of law. In USA, of course. A gringo-hater seriously harming somebody because he is American citizen and probably one of the parents is American. (or no? Anyway, that would help, but you can go ahead even if not)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    25. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @ChristopherD ,
      Two wrongs don't make a right.
      You would not like anyone go thorough the mental torture of tinnitus and if the person knows what your going through he or she have to live with that guilt and wished they could turn back the clock after their actions.
      Love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
    26. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      If that's so, than the whole judicial system on this planet has no basis and it should be removed. People go to jail for much less than what the bully did.
      The bully does not deserve to go to jail? That would be wrong? That was intentional harming! Would you like to live on a planet where harming intentionally is not punished? That would make the world much more dangerous, for us and for our young family members.

Yeah, right! If the bully knew that he gave him tinnitus and he would have an idea what that means, he would be 100 times happier. What do you think he was doing cupping his hands over his ear and shouting? He wanted to humiliate him and harm him. Finding out what he succeeded to do would make him gloat.
      He did this on purpose. He knew, at his age, from life experience, that a very big and close noise provokes pain. We have an innate reaction to cover our ears when we have a very big noise near us, because it hurts. And pain means trauma to the body. And trauma causes injury.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    27. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I may sound mean, but i do not care. I would like that all the people who contributed to my getting tinnitus to get tinnitus themselves, cause in this case they would mock me less now, so i wouldn't have to endure their mockery on top of my T. Their mockery and their discrediting of my suffering makes it sooooo much more difficult for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    28. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The reason I talked about my case is that I sympathize with him, I wasn't comparing the cases. When I mentioned eye for an eye, I was referring to extrajudicial revenge.

Hearing damage often isn't seen as a serous injury and unless there is severe hearing loss it would be a major uphill battle proving that he has tinnitus from the incident. Tinnitus is almost entirely subjective and it is very hard to prove. Also, this happened in Mexico, so I'm not sure how the US court system would help out.

Here is a popular celebrity screaming into someone else's ear:
      Lets say this person developed tinnitus as a result of Shia screaming in his ear, even with the video proof it would be very difficult for the victim to have a successful lawsuit because of the subjective nature of tinnitus. I doubt many lawyers would take the case pro bono, and the plaintiff would likely waste a lot of money in legal fees.

• Agree Agree x 1
    29. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      If that happened to me, I'd sue for millions, and hopefully get offered an out of court settlement.

I was not previously familiar with this person but his actions are completely, unequivocally, out of bounds for civilized behavior, and I see that he has quite a record of similar bad activities, including arrests for assault, a history of alcoholism, and yelling racist remarks at a Black police officer.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    30. Chaz

Chaz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced

Its crazy how the guy just continues to let him do that, and get in his face like that. It put me on edge just watching it. My ass would be going to jail for assault if anyone ever did that to me.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1