I Was Eating a Salad and My Tinnitus Disappeared...

Discussion in 'Support' started by luckyman316, Dec 18, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. luckyman316

luckyman316 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      ... but unfortunately, came back within 2 minutes. The silence was glorious. I was tempted to go ahead and not do ANYTHING after that. What I learned from this is that biting down on my salad like this, was on the right hand side. The same side I had dental work done. I'm starting to wonder if this dental work is the root cause of the tinnitus and if I should go ahead and get the teeth yanked at this point (already had new crowns put on that were aligned as even as possible, as well as TMJ treatment since I now clench teeth in sleep). At this point, how do I go about to convince my dentist to yank the teeth? He said there was no need as they were functional. It's the 2 bottom molars that had the crowns put on (#30 & #31) but could it be possible that the opposing tooth on the top is also an issue? Hmm

2. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Or it could very well just be a coincidence. A random happy occurence, which hopefully comes back... :)

3. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      There was a famous a actor who had all his teeth extracted to cure his tinnitus, will have to do a search to find out his name.

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. tomm
      Thinking

tomm Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (club drumming)
      "I was tempted to go ahead and not do ANYTHING after that. "

Yep! Been there - just sitting calmly and still and enjoying the blisssssful silence, an old friend returning.