I'm Feeling Fine, However I Keep Waking Up with Screaming Tinnitus (It Eventually Fades to Nothing)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Raphael7713, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      So I've had my tinnitus on and off for exactly a year now. Some periods were really tough on me but for the majority of the time I've felt great. The last time my tinnitus got me depressed/annoyed was in September... so things are getting better for me.

However, there is 1 thing that keeps annoying me, this has happened before, but not this often: When I wake up my tinnitus is screaming. Eventually it fades to nothing....but why do I wake up with a screaming tinnitus and rest of the day its barely there? I notice this also when I'm laying on bed trying to sleep, after 20 mins in bed I can hear this loud tinnitus take place. What is happening when I'm laying down? Other than this im 100% fine and have no issues with tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
    2. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      Mine does the same thing, then quiets down once I'm up and around and drinking my coffee (???). Maybe it has to do with brain changes that occur between the sleep and awake state? Not sure, but I am glad you are doing better!!!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      It's strange. When I go to bed this usually starts after 20 min. But yes in the large scale of things I'm doing alright, thank God.
      I've had some problems with my sinus before, I will look if it has any connection...but I doubt it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Raphael7713

There is no definitive answer why your tinnitus is loud upon waking up for many people are affected in this way. My tinnitus can very loud when I wake up other times it is silent. Be thankful that your tinnitus subsides and hopefully it will continue to improve. You have still only had tinnitus for 1 year.

I say again, be thankful that your tinnitus has improved to this extend, for there many people that have this condition and are not so fortunate.
      Michael

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      You are right Michael. I shouldn't complain when I'm feeling fine. But strange that I have it in the mornings even tho I don't have it during the day, or its very, very low.