I'm Hoping I Don't Have This

Discussion in 'Support' started by Eric Fridley, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      So I just got over living with my tinnitus, it's been 3 years and off and on. I started getting like eardrum spasms. It was the first year of my tinnitus, it stopped and has not came back for 2 years.

And now it's back in my ear with my tinnitus. The weird thing is it only starts spasming or vibrating when I yawn burp stretch or anything like that and it's been with my for about a week now.

Really don't wanna barricade my self in my room again for months on out and taking depression pills.

I hope someone here can help me or am I gonna have this annoyance for life?

And I was listening to a little bit of loud music so I'm hoping I did not turn my tinnitus into something worse I can live with tinnitus but this is just so annoying and idk if I can live with something like this

2. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I know what you mean...I don't know what I would have done without hearing aid maskers. Those might be able to help you.

3. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      Hi Eric,

Have you had any sort of cold or sinus or other infections? Since this symptom went away once it should go away again.

Found this info:

The tympanic membrane (TM) or “eardrum” is aptly named for its functional and visual resemblance to an acoustic drum. Positioned approximately 25—28mm beyond the entrance to the ear canal, the eardrum is composed of three main layers and has an oval diameter of 8-10mm and is only 0.1mm thick. It is pinched inward at its centre by connection with the malleus bone, the first of three tiny bones which form a sound bridge across the middle ear air cavity.

The eardrum is capable of vibrating at speeds from 20 to 20 thousand times per second. Air pressure either side of the eardrum needs to be equal to achieve optimum working efficiency. Middle ear pressure is maintained at atmospheric pressure by the Eustachian tube, which opens with swallowing.

A variety of sensory nerves supply the TM, including branches from the trigeminal, facial, glossopharyngeal and vagus nerves. These nerves connect with numerous locations throughout the face, jaw, mouth, throat, neck, lungs, heart and abdomen. Physical pressure on the TM from infection, impacted wax, water or foreign body can refer pain to adjacent regions.

Motor nerves also have an indirect connection to the TM, via the stapedius and tensor tympani muscles, which connect with the stapes and malleus bones respectively. These minute muscles contract in response to loud sounds and self vocalisations. Spasms of the tensor tympani muscle can cause audible fluttering, fullness, dizziness, referred heat/pain and distortion. Persistent spasms are often linked to anxiety caused by tinnitus and acoustic shock. Tonic tensor tympani syndrome (TTTS) is a recognised clinical entity.

https://www.amplexhearing.com.au/tonic-tensor-tympani-syndrome-eardrum-spasms/

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I get a vibrating sesnsation in my right ear drums at times. Usually when I wake up or after I've been driving, It usually goes away after a while. It comes and goes and doesn't bother me much any more. I also get a whooshing sound in my left ear on top of the usual tinnitus. I don't think the vibrations are harmful so I don't get anxious about them. I don't know of a way to prevent or reduce them, so can't really advise.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      I do have Tmj but doc told me everyone has some clicking in there jaw but I can't open my mouth half the time so it's hard to eat and I do have pain in my left ear the one that is vibrating I'm gonna see if I wait it out if it is not gone after another couple weeks I am gonna go see a ent hopefully a better one then the one that told me clicking doesn't mean I have tmj and sent me in my way

6. Starthrower
      Wtf

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      I am not that up on TMJ Eric but hopefully this will ease up. A tight jaw is bothersome. Once in a while during high stress and anxiety my jaw will lock. Scary the first time. This was years ago though. Try using warm compacts on the jaw to see if it loosens up for you. Mostly try to relax by gently moving it?

Tweaker mine is very similar to yours now.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Yea it happened to me 2 times but it went away after a couple days this has been with me since Sunday or Monday

8. Vinnitus
      Tired

Vinnitus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      28/04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Wow so now that I coped with my tinnitus now I gotta live with this?

10. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Many, including myself live with harsh and beyond crazy/destructive tinnitus. I got them in both ears and a freeway noise can't even get louder than my tinnitus. If you let tinnitus defeat you, then you are defeated. You choose, how you are gonna live ,when obstacles come towards your way...

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Like I said I battled tinnitus for 3 years and it don't bother me this vibration and noise is pissing me off and I have not eaten for 2 days I am getting depressed again and just thinking about just hiding in my room cause people say it will go away I mean I hope it's only been 4-5 days and sometimes it takes months to leave but that what they said with my tinnitus and it never did I don't like this new stupid noise and feeling I we'll never get use to that vibration

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Will wax make your eardrum vibrate if it's on it? Cause I have not cleaned my ears in a long time cause I don't like sticking q-tipsmdown my ear since tinnitus

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      So maybe I mite be able to cure my self from this hopefully took a all multi purpose vitamin pill and it had 13% magnesium oxide and it made the fluttering and vibrations go down a bit

14. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Q-tips are not a good idea to clean your ears: they can compact the wax to your eardrum, and in some cases even damage your ear drum.

15. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Hey bro,

I hope you can cure yourself too :)

Don't be so hard on yourself, you can cope and move ahead and life will be ok....

In regards to vitamins, i read that ginko and zinc are helpful. I have been taking it and it could be helping a little, so maybe you might wanna try those.

Be well....

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Thanks guys took a benzo so mite be that but I feel good right now little bouts here in there then goes away for awhile

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Update this morning left ear not doing much of vibration and now it's in my right ear without tinnitus and my right ear has no hearing loss so I'm guessing it's all because of wax or the Magnesium is helping alittle but I'll get trying new stuff

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      So it came back so started drinking some beer to calm my nerves but if this was to go away how long would it take and is it like just a 50/50 deal of not going away like tinnitus or idk I'm trying my best right now to deal with it cause sometimes it's calm but when I burp sneeze yawn anything the vibration goes crazy for 1 min but I hope this is not permanent come in guys give me some support

19. Starthrower
      Wtf

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      Well than..... No burping. No yawning. No sneezing....... and all will be okay for you. : )

I hesitate to write this but sometimes I use hydrogen perxocide drops. Just soak a cotton ball with a bit of hydrogen peroxcide and gently squeeze a few drops in your ear. It will sound fizzle like but sometimes helps with wax.

And do not do it twenty times like I did way back when thinking more was better. Not a good way to learn....just do it once and see if that may help?

You will be fine Eric. Right now you are way focused on this. Try doing something to keep busy and take your mind off of this. Easy to say. I know. I used to be the same way.

20. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Eric,
      It could be a nerve thats inflamed or wax or your tiny ear bones,TMJ ,fluid behind your ear etc.
      The main thing is coping with it and not let unwanted emotions take hold.
      Your life is the same as before but this can cause more stress and anxiety if focus on it .
      Olive Oil drops for wax and steam inhalation to clear your tubes are a basic M.O.T for your ears .
      Any change in your ears is always worth having a check up by your doctor and he will investigate further if it needs it.
      ....lots of love glynis

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Was thinking my Eustachian tube dysfunction I can't pop my left ear when holding my nose and blowing gently my right ear pops fine my left ear feels full and will not pop

22. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Try taling a mucous linctus like mucodine or sudafed to help clear your tubes..
      Dont try over pop your ears as that can cause inflammation...lots of love glynis

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      So I have a appointment with my physician Wednesday hopefully he can help but I doubt it cause he never could help me with my tinnitus all he said was live it it well I am and I don't wanna live with something else tinnitus is bad enough to live with and took me 2 years to finally get over but it was mostly the beer and games that helped

24. Alinne

Alinne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      How have you been?
      I have been having the same problem ever since 2015 - on and off. It almost went away then it came back stronger... :(
      I have seen different Ear doctors but can't have a proper diagnosis....
      It happens in my ear everytime I burp, strech, yawn...