I'm Ringing in the Rain

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Billylongpockets, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Billylongpockets

Billylongpockets Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/3/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi De Hi..
      I've now had this tinnitus every day and every night for 15 days.. Looks like I'm going to be another life member... I've already done half a bottle of Braggs finest cider vinegar and it's made my farts smell a little sweeter but that's about it..eek

• Like Like x 2
    2. Holly1987

Holly1987 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      15 days is still very early days! It may go away. How did you get your T?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Billylongpockets

Billylongpockets Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/3/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I was driving into town and had my wife shouting at me because I was driving too fast into roundabouts... I think that it was her who brought this condition on although I have not told her this yet... Have it in both ears and it's very loud.. I awake in the morning and it's at peace.. Well that's for around 2 mins.. Then it attacks...Louder than ever... It has driven me to dispare .. And what have l learnt so far........ I now know to slow down to roundabouts..
      Life will go on.. with me in it...

• Like Like x 3
    4. Holly1987

Holly1987 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Lol I totally understand how your wife feels! My partner drives way too fast, it's terrifying

But seriously there is a good chance things will calm down for you, 2 weeks certainly doesn't mean it's going to be permanent. Protect your ears from now on and try not to stress about it.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Billylongpockets

Billylongpockets Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/3/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thanks Holly,
      I'm reading into this and am finding myself down a one way street...I got it and it doesn't matter how l got it but i got it. The good old Doc told me to go onto ibuprofen.. Great yes please Have some of that... I got some interesting advice from Not sure which forum ( this is the only one which l have signed up to) Anyway It read Always read the label for side effects... After 60 odd years on this planet of never reading the label I did... The side effects mentioned ringing in the ears. The doctor also mentioned that l might have Menes disease.. As the ringing came into both ears super fast and super loud. I have really bad ear ache and the drums feel like they are going to blow out at any second.. I'm on Betahistine 16mg, 3 times a day plus some nasal spray Beclometasone Dipropionate@ twice a day. Nothing is really helping. So im resigned to just trying to live and not have it beat me up. As l can cry and have cried the tears with wtf is going on. as you all have. I'm just going to try and pick myself up dust myself down and tell my wife that it's nearly gone and get on and try and pick some good bits out of this life. Hence I'm singing in the rain.

• Hug Hug x 2
    6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      She must have yelled pretty damn loud if that is what caused your tinnitus.
      and like @Holly1987 said, 15 days is too early to know if it will fade or stay.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1