In Serious Need of Comfort

Discussion in 'Support' started by Maithe Marshall, Feb 25, 2014.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      My English sucks sorry, I am actually from Brazil and it was not what I grew up speaking until I was around 6 and still I suck lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
    2. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      My opinion is: DO NOT GET ON AN AIRPLANE!!! You said above you were flying to your parents within a day. BAD IDEA! Posted a little more about this on your other thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Kris

Kris Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Lady Di it's funny you ask this, I was 5 months post partum when my ear dramas started. Blocked ears, buzzing and general facial tension/pain. You might be onto something here for me at least.

In the mornings when I wake, and am relaxed my ear issues are almost non existent.

If post partum anxiety is a trigger for me, I'm screwed as I am 6 months preg with twins!!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Thank you. Does anyone know if ear infections that are bad can cause T? Or be a symptom? And don't worry I will not be flying! And congrats Kris! @LadyDi @Kris

5. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      I never have seen any research (not that I lookedl all anecdotal... But have noticed this trend with anxiety. And anxiety and T are connected, so who knows?

And congrats!

6. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Thank you Mark for the good words. I take no credit for the helpful information which I have learned from so many kind and caring members before me. These are the real heroes and heroines who make these support forums so great a place to hang around. I owe my recovery from many such noble souls who are offering free, selfless time and effort for the benefit of total strangers from all over the world. So with the little experience and knowledge I have and with my limited capability, I am trying to return the kindness I received to help out the newer sufferers who are desperate for hope and answer to their immense tinnitus sufferings.

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Well thank you a lot..because I really needed it, may need it more in the future ( I do not take things lightly and I always tend to dwell on things for a long time :( ) so hopefully this infection clears up everything..

But I love the kind words all of you guys have spoken and helped me calm down and realize that life still goes on weather it's T, cancer whatever it is..life still goes on. @billie48

8. billie48
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I am not medically trained so feel inadequate to answer your question. Having been around a few support forums a few years now, and reading enough posts from various people on their conditions which may cause tinnitus, I am leaning more on the ear infections being a medical root cause which can cause tinnitus. It seems that to some people after the root cause problem is take care of, their T ringing either disappear or will subside quite a bit. I don't think I have read a case that T causes infection of the ears. Perhaps others can chip in their experiences.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      Aloha maithe ,We all been where you are when T first came to me i thought i would go crazy,:eek: i have a 12 yr old a 17 yr old and a 20 even they new there mom was not the same person:( i stayed away from family parties, stop going to the gym and even stoped working for 6 months:nailbiting:, i was depressed,:grumpy: crying in the shower:cry: so kids wouldnt see me that way.. but this site has been a big bleesing to me the people here arethe biggest help:D all there advice helped.. it took me time to see that this T thing could not control me .. i also had panic attacks thats just normal it will go away, i was on meds for 2 weeks then i took myself off (y) i got a hearing a hearing aid that plays white noise whicj my brain loves so t's bocked out, i have perfect hearing and was in good health, just went to bed one night and woke up with ringing in right ear.:whistle:..... been 8 months and i'm doing great T still with me but i'm in control now:hungry: back to my fun loving person i once was, im back to work and enjoy life more then ever .. you will too !dont think you will never will, i keep myself busy i'm going movies , and playing board games with kids which in the begining i could'nt cause i could not stop focusing on T but today im doing great.... hang in there and keep reading post people here have great advice ... dont let it drive you crazy:banghead: dont hide your self from people who love you:bag: just keep earplugs with you when your around loud noise i do and it works:D..... hope this helps ...:beeranimation:

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    10. billie48
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      In regards to your fear of flying, I think it is quite normal at this early stage to be worrying about doing this to worsen T more. But it may prove to be unnecessary worry. You can read up this thread by Aaron who has posted some wonderful pictures of places he has visited since tinnitus. Many members including me also posted in that thread to reassure to newer members to be not so worry about flying after having T. Hope this will help ease your fear for flying. But be prudent. Take care of the ear infections first. When it is over, then you can consider flying short trip as a start, and progressively longer trips. Here is the link to the thread (you may have to scroll up to the start of the thread):
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...u-some-pictures-i-took-after.3268/#post-30430

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. here2help

here2help Member

Maithe, the answer to your question is yes. Tinnitus is a common symptom of an ear infection. You wrote you are not sure your ear infection is causing the tinnitus. Yes, it is. Ear infections are the most common cause of tinnitus and earaches in children, and ear infections are a common cause of tinnitus when we get older. Most of the time, when tinnitus is caused by an ear infection, it will gradually go away.

Now that you are taking an antibiotic, there is every reason to believe your ear infection will clear up and your tinnitus will go away too. In some cases, tinnitus may not go away as soon as the infection clears up, so you may need to be patient, especially with yourself, and not assume the worst. But most of the time, when tinnitus is due to an ear infection, the tinnitus will gradually go away when the infection completely clears up and some more time passes.

here2help

• Agree Agree x 3
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      @billie48 @here2help @christine kauhane thank you for all the helpful advice! It really a means a lot to me. I will keep you guys updated on how I am in the next few days..hopefully everything gets! I think this maybe the cause for my horrible headaches and it explains my bad ear aches the last few days:/ the infection is pretty bad and taking antibiotics is making me nervous..

I've read how some antibiotics can harm the ears :( I'm kind of a health freak and usually don't like to use medication and especially now...since all this stuff has really scared me. Is that normal?

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Hope it gets better**

14. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      @christine kauhane - love when you pop in now - your posts are full of joy :) x

@Maithe Marshall - I'm so sorry you are going through this hun, but we have all been there and regardless of what happens with time you will be ok :) as far as the antibiotics go I'd have no problems taking them considering they may clear up your T :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    15. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Trust me, not all antibiotics give tinnitus:) Normally that only happens if you take them for a long time and in very big doses. Also, your body has the ability to cleanse itsself so it wont do any permanent harm:)

• Hug Hug x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Thank you @Amelia and @Stina :) I was very nervous from what I read online but now I feel a lot more comfortable taking them. I know I need to take them in order to heal right now because my ear infections are really bad:/

• Agree Agree x 2
    17. Piper the great
      Amused

Piper the great Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012

Hopefully the T will stop after the infection is cleared....and unfortunately a big reason the T is getting so much attention and funding is from our vets returning from the war with the T. I think the govt finally stopped to spend money on funding for research, same with the drug companies. I worked with 2 vets from the 70/80's both have the T and I never knew it, one had to concentrate to find his, the other ringing all the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      I hope so to..the dr said that is should stop. He never told me what kind of infection I had besides the "you have a bad ear infection." Yeah it's really sad:/ I know now that hearing protection is a big thing and they make you wear it if you work around loud machines, planes and stuff like that. @Piper the great

19. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids

Maithe
      Sorry I haven't answered for a few days (had to go to DC).

I wish I could give you a clear answer about the antibiotic/steroid use; in short, look up the side effects and if they say 'tinnitus' I would ask for something else. Other folks on this site may have a much better grasp of that situation.

That's a great idea (starting T support group on base); so many people have no idea what it's about. They just look at you like 'oh, a little ringing in the ears'; they just don't get it.

Prayers for you

Mark

• Hug Hug x 1
    20. leslye
      Tolerant

leslye Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I have had this since December.Believe me! I thought there's no way I can go on like this forever! ! but I am still here... Some days are worse than others. I suffer from panic attacks too so that doesn't help. the only advice I can give is just try to ignore it. try to make it just part of your life. your being....

• Like Like x 2
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      I'm hoping I have ringing because I have a bad ear infection with pus and fluid..I'm on 10 days of antibiotics and hoping that is why.

22. Denny

Denny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2013
      Maithe are you taking prednisone? If not maybe you should speak to your
      Doctor/ent about it.

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Yes I am! Second dose..
      The dr I saw a day ago prescribed me that and some antibiotics for the pus and fluid.