Inositol

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by I who love music, Jan 22, 2014.

1. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      I going back to Inositol. It's in GNC's 'Solotron' multivitamin. Years ago I was arguing with someone about the Atkins diet being drastic and possibly dangerous, but in the Atkins book I was skimming there was mention of "Inositol" supplementaion being recommended because of course restricting carbs will make you jittery to say the least.

Although I wasn't an Atkins fan, I sought out Inositol. Almost immediately (about 3 days) I sure could feel a difference taking the Solotron multi vit. Most multi vits don't contain Inositol. It's such a nice, normal feeling. Very calming. Well, a few years ago I quit taking them. Duh.

I ordered some tonight and I fully expect my tinnitus will show improvement. I'll let you know in a few weeks.

• Like Like x 2
    2. Jeff M.
      Pooptoast

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Please let us know!!!! Best of luck!!

3. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Has anyone tried this for anxiety/panic with any success?

4. Marcini
      Dreaming

Marcini Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      @valeri I've often wondered about this. Did you (or anyone else) ever try it?

5. RicoS
      Alienated

RicoS Member Benefactor

Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress or Acoustic trauma
      I have anxiety/panic attacks at the moment, but not regarding tinnitus , but the feeling is the same. I use oxazepam when it to heavy to deal with. But I try to just sit it out because I don't want to use medicine for anxiety.

This all feels the same as the beginning of my T and I came over it without pills. But believe me if you have T and you get something else besides it .... it makes your body go all over the place :cry: Now I wish everyday I only had T o_O (with the volume I have now, not at the onset of my T) :confused:

6. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      I tried it for a short time but no change to tinnitus or anxiety.
      Maybe it needs to be taken for longer.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      YES. Since the 80's. It works.

8. Marcini
      Dreaming

Marcini Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      I used to feel constantly edgy and nervy I guess you could say. Not now. I take the GNC Solotron Multi Vitamin that contains Inositol and I don't feel that edgy feeling. Other multivitamins do contain Inositol but not usually. Just check the label.
      I don't know how it works. I think it's a trace carb or B vitamin or something. I found out about it years ago in some book.

10. Marcini
      Dreaming

Marcini Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      I do have some multis but the inositol in them is only a trace amount. I will order some to try a proper dose at some point.

11. Meghan

Meghan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss, possible noise exposure?
      Hi everyone,

Has anyone here tried Inositol and did it help your tinnitus? I understand that it is more of a supplement...looking for an alternative to benzo use....would appreciate any advice

M