Introducing My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Shrinking violet, May 7, 2016.

1. Shrinking violet

Shrinking violet Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection? Maybe.
      Hello. I've had tinnitus for three years. I don't know for sure what caused it, but it started soon after a painful ear infection. I have good days when I barely notice it and other days when it drives me up the wall. Sometimes it sounds like air constantly escaping (which isn't too bad) and sometimes it's an irritating neverending high-pitched tone. It started in my right ear but now I occasionally hear it in the other ear too, and sometimes in the middle of my head.

Not a very exciting story, i know. And tbh I'm dealing with it pretty well. It does wear you down sometimes though, and those nights where you're laying in bed listening to the endless tones are horrible.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello to all.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      A warm welcome to Tinnitus Talk Shrinking violet.
      Look forward to reading your posts on the main forum.
      Keep posting for support as we are here around the clock for you.....lots of love glynis

3. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Aussie Lea Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      I'm scared a future ear infection might make mine worse.

4. robinbird
      Fine

robinbird Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      high pitch hearing loss, both ears, right is worse
      I have the same symptoms. I did not have a virus or noise issue. I was told by one ENT it could be in the neck. I have had a CT scan and MRI. Nothing found. Next week I go for a yearly checkup with The ENT and consult with a chiropractor. I also noticed that sitting too long especially at my computer caused the T to get cranky. Sometimes now I can go for hours without thinking about T. For that I am grateful.