Introduction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by YooperKaren, Nov 20, 2012.

1. YooperKaren

YooperKaren Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      I am new to all this. My symptoms started suddenly a week ago. I have pulsatile tinnitus. I saw an ENT today. My hearing was fine. My ears look fine. The only thing that was found was the ear I am having problems with did not have any auditory reflexes. I am not sure what that really means, but I am scheduled for an MRI next week. I have done enough research online to know they may never find anything wrong. It is extremely frustrating. I am having enough troubles with the notion that I have to wait over a week to have the MRI and deal with this constant whooshing in my ear. I can't imagine having to deal with this indefinitely if they can't find anything wrong!

2. Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Welcome Karen! I know it's hard the not knowing-waiting stage...but keep calm people with pulsatile tinnitus do get used to it, in your case it's still too early to tell it might still go away....there's another Karen here in TT that has it. try sending her a PM.

Peter

3. DezDog
      Angry

DezDog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2009
      Hey there ... Karen! Is that like "SuperKaren"?

Hopefully you get some some answers soon. It could well be temporary, so there's always hope. Even if it's not, there's still hope. Nobody thinks they can deal with it, and yet everybody does. But you don't need to think about that yet. Hang in there.

DD

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      YooperKaren

YooperKaren Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      YooperKaren is a nickname that I use. A Yooper is someone from the U.P. of Michigan.

5. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Welcome, Karen! I can certainly sympathize; I have pulsatile tinnitus, too. I've had it for about 2 1/2 years; have had a lot of tests, but no real answers. I hope that the MRI turns up something for you.

Mine started suddenly, too. Before that, I had mild tinnitus in my right ear, and some hearing loss. My pulsating is in one ear only (the right ear), and I also have high-pitched ringing. This all started for me after taking blood pressure meds, which I have since stopped taking, in favor of natural supplements, diet, and exercise.

Please send me a message if you'd like. I'll be interested to hear what the results of your MRI are. Please stay strong; you will be OK!!

6. DezDog
      Angry

DezDog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2009

Well that's more stuff I've learnt today and it's only 10am. Good luck with the MRI.

7. Charles

Charles Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2001
      Hello,everyone.I've just officially joined the group after "lurking"for a long time.My name is Charles,and I am a retired federal (U.S.)civil service emplyee,with long-standing tinnitus,and profound hearing loss.This forum has been a great help to me,and I'm sorry I didnt show my gratitude by deciding to support it sooner.I look forward to reading all the experiences of all you nice people.Will comment more later on my own efforts to help alleviate my T (6k),but for now I will just say that I think Dr.Dalton in TX is on the right track,and I will take part in his program as soon as it goes on line.(Standard no-vested interest disclaimer).Much luck to all of us. Charles in TLH

8. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2012 worsened Jan 2017 & Dec 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Hi Charles, welcome in from the shadows :) I've just checked Dr Daltons research and for the first time feel encouraged that science might be moving forwards re. T. Thanks for posting.

9. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi, Charles,
      I'm waiting for Dr. Dalton's program (Dichonics) to go online, too. I'd love to try it. It sounds like the "real deal" to me. I've tried so many therapies, supplements, etc.,and been to so many doctors, I'd like the chance to try something that really succeeds.

Welcome to Tinnitus Talk!

10. Waldo Bracamontes

Waldo Bracamontes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Karen, is their a link to Dr Daltons tinnitus information i can see? I would like to read all about it. Thank you!

11. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, here is the link to the Dichonics website:

http://www.dichonics.com/

Dr. Dalton' s method seems to be backed up by true knowledge and research. One of our members, Karl, traveled to Amarillo, Texas for the testing, and met Dr. Dalton.

They are working toward having the testing available online, but it is unclear when it will be ready.

12. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2012 worsened Jan 2017 & Dec 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I didnt know Karl went there. Did he have the sessions with the machine do you know?

13. Mike in PA

Mike in PA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Karen, how did your MRI go? Or was it an MRA?

14. Mike Lee

Mike Lee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Mine started several months after falling on my head down stairs. Objective Pulsitile - MRI and CT fine muscles in neck cramp, vision blurs, headache, intermittent, various intensity, nausea, brain fog, duration hours to weeks, psychological and physical triggers. Control with ice packs, massage neck muscles, relaxation, calm emotions, sleeping position, Physical therapy for neck, meditation, low intensity, stress reduction, reduce pressure in head, isolation, homemade ginger root salve, no alcohol. Major re-injury twice trying to do manual labor after 1 year. Waiting for MRA for venous/arterial abnormality. Posture, Posture, Posture
      Brain fog can be caused by a lot of things and can be helped with rest and ice, breathing exercises. Hope you are doing better.