Is There Any Advice? How to Deal with Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rana Saeed, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Rana Saeed

Rana Saeed Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi everyone. My name is Rana. I've been suffering from Tinnitus since I was young.

Almost 10 years ago I had many tube and extraction of water surgeries for my ears.

That's when my Tinnitus started, and ever since I've been trying to find something to do with it. I asked many doctors and they said its normal in my case and they didn't tell me anything more or how to deal with it. It's really annoying especially when I lay down to sleep.

So I was hoping someone could give me any tip on how to deal with it.

Thanks.

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi @Rana Saeed

You could try using sound enrichment at night. Attach a sound machine to a pillow speaker and set the volume low, so that it isn't a masking your tinnitus but can give some distraction.
      Oasis S-650 sound machine is popular and you can also use is free stand by your bedside.
      Michael.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk Rana.
      It could be due to some hearing loss or scar tissue.
      You could try melatonin to help you sleep and sound therapy that @Michael Leigh has mentioned.
      Keep relaxing music on around you when you need a break from your tinnitus and try go for a walk daily to help keep your mood up.
      Love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. SCORPION

SCORPION Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Usmc shooting weapons
      I use a fan at night , and when I 1st started having issues I did deep breathing technique to help me chill check that out on you tube best of luck to ya .... CURLY