Is There Hope?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kelsie, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Kelsie

Kelsie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/27/15
      Is there any hope? I feel so lost since I've been diagnosed with tinnitus.. I don't know how to function proporly. I miss silence so much, I feel like I don't have the will to live with this forever.. Do these feelings last? Will they go away with time? So overwhelmed don't know how much I can take.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Aww duck..... you will find your brain will filter out your tinnitus and not see it as a threat and your brain will start to not focus on the sound.
      You will go minutes to hours to days where you won't notice the sound and times you will but you will just think its my naughty ears at it again and get to the point it won't bother you as much.
      Life is still worth living and a lovely one even with tinnitus.
      Stay strong and better days will come I promise you....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 4
    3. daniel1111
      Shitfaced

daniel1111 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, repeated exposure with loud headphones.
      There is hope!

Your feelings are completely normal for someone suffering the onset of tinnitus. You are very new to it, the odds are massively in your favour to recover from this. Almost all sufferers of tinnitus become habituated to it, which means either they don't notice the sound anymore even if it's still there, or when they do notice it there's no emotional reaction to it.

Really try not to think about living with it forever. The more you think about tinnitus, the more you hear it and the louder it will be. It's easier said than done, but try to find the biggest distractions for your mind possible.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      These feelings won't last even if tinnitus remains.

In the meantime, you might want to look at the AM-101 trial since your tinnitus is quite recent: http://tinnitus-study.info

• Like Like x 1
    5. eric peterson
      Sporty

eric peterson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 10/2003 Increase: 04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      who knows? who cares?
      Well said.

• Like Like x 1
    6. MichaelO
      Angelic

MichaelO Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      The longest I live for is one day at a time. Sometimes I just work on making it for the next hour. I have found that breaking up life into small, manageable bites gets me through the tough times with my tinnitus or other problems.

• Like Like x 1
    7. pef

pef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/16/2013