Is This Tinnitus?? Freaking Out!

Discussion in 'Support' started by PCSTinnitus, Nov 30, 2015.

1. PCSTinnitus

PCSTinnitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2015
      Ok so I've had the run of the mill loud high pitched ringing sound for a while now.

Today I was sitting in the airport eating and all of a sudden I hear a whooshing sound, almost like water falling or wind passing by in my right ear. With the other there was an abnormally loud ring, both of these took about 15 seconds to gradually go away.

Does that sound like tinnitus or some wierd hallucination that I should be worried about?? I almost had a panic attack right there.

2. The wind in the ear is a type of pulsatile tinnitus, although it isn't always pulsing with your heartbeat. I have that in my left ear and can stop it by pressing on my neck. I only really notice it when I stand up after lying down or after running etc. For some reason, "the wind" never bothered me too much, I think because it just makes logical sense, the blood flow make noise and increases with exertion. The stupid intermittent, static type hiss in my right ear is much more annoying.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PCSTinnitus

PCSTinnitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2015
      Thanks for the response. I know that I have at least tinnitus and another neurological thing called occipital neuralgia. If it's puldatile tinnitus is it possible for it to just occur spontaneously and fde away soon after? It really caught me off guard because it was a one time thing and so brief. Doesnt pulsatile tinnitus occur chronically and not spontaneously?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PCSTinnitus

PCSTinnitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2015
      It also kind of felt like I couldn't hear anything else in my right ear, only the rushing/ wooshing, the sounds of the airport were muted. It really freaked me out

5. You may shock yourself and find that you have it all the time, just to a lesser degree most of the time. I noticed mine in bed in a quiet room when lying in a certain position. I thought the noise was a light wind outside but I could stop it by pressing on my neck. Mine is loudest about 30 seconds after I get up out of bed, the whooshing is intense for about 20 seconds or so and then fades.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PCSTinnitus

PCSTinnitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2015
      Fortunately to the best of my knowledge this was a new sound for me. It's spontaneity and eerieness just took me way off guard. From excessive research I've determined that it's probably more tinnitus of the fleating/ spontaneous variety and nothing to worry about. I just hope it never happens again. It reminded me of the eerie quiet and ringing I got when I suffered a concussion which started all this crap for me

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PCSTinnitus

PCSTinnitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2015
      Also I'm not sure if it's related but I just had a fierce migraine set on. God I've got some fun neurological problems to deal with :)

8. I hope you take can find some relief in that we all have some sort of suffering too. Not that your is nothing, I certainly don't mean that, believe me. And i don't mean to say that any of us are happy that others are suffering. But, I think we all find comfort knowing others are out there dealing with crazy "head noise" too. We're in this together, hang in there.