Is Tinnitus from an Ear Infection Unlikely to Fade?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by markjetz, Jun 19, 2019.

1. markjetz

markjetz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Hello everyone,

I have had tinnitus for about 2 and a half months now, from an inner ear infection.

I am 19 years old and the infection was very mild, it was my first ever, I had very little to no pain intermittently throughout the day, accompanied by a fullness sensation and a white noise in my head.

I am worried because the ringing has gradually gotten louder since the infection faded. It turned from just a white noise that was barely audible to now having at least 4-5 sounds in the head and both ears. A white noise, cicadas, high pitch ring, etc.

I have also noticed that when I change altitudes since I live on a mountain, the ringing gets much louder.

I am worried that given my symptoms of the tinnitus getting worse, it might be permanent. I really wish it wouldn't.

Yesterday I also had a lot of pain from my lower wisdom tooth, which is not in like with my other teeth and pushing into my cheek, I am wondering if maybe this has something to do with it? I am getting it removed anyways in a couple of days from the pain. Maybe the infection came back, not sure.

Given my symptoms of the tinnitus getting worse, in your opinion how likely is it that it will be permanent, or at least not go back to being a slight hiss like it was for 1.5 months?

Thank you everyone.

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      It can take a fairly long time for T to disappear after your infection clears out (i.e. weeks/months).

Rest your ears and good luck!