Is Total Masking Possible?

Discussion in 'Support' started by James P, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      In the beginning of my T I started to watch The Sopranos again with my wife. 2-3 episodes per evening. Sometimes even more. That helped me a lot to take my mind of T.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      @James P , if your parents would kill you if you didn't work, I would stop work immediately. All I want is to be free. Doing nothing is not only pretty hard but totally impossible.
      Same here, I do struggle, forcing myself, every day through this nightmare always with the question, 'for what?' I just know my soul will never ever get used to this kind of nightmare. It's just too extreme.

Money is a fictitious thing anyway. I never cared much about it. All I ever needed was food, shelter, a comfy bed, books and peace and this would make me so happy.

That's a good thing if you can watch things.

@svintegrity , I wish there was something for me out there, somewhere, well there was.. but now I think my time is up. This ain't life anymore. :(

3. @NiNyu I totally understand. Been there. You are still new to onset, and I am sure you will find something to help you. Don't give up!

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. marqualler
      Nerdy

marqualler Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / Mild Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      I did something similar--when my T was really new and screaming and I felt the most vulnerable, I stayed close to my wife. We watched The Lego Movie together and a lot of episodes of ER. Probably wouldn't have made it without her!

Oh and The Sopranos is great. Probably my favorite series of all time!

• Like Like x 1
    5. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Concentration can come back despite the tinnitus.

I can still get lost in something just the same. I find that it's the destructive thought that brings me back again though "I haven't noticed my tinnitus for a while" then it's back.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      James P

James P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma (Club)
      Yeah, I've had that happen while laying in bed a couple times. I'd be lost in thought for a minute and suddenly think "Hold on, I didn't notice tinnitus at all for a bit," then immediately regret thinking that.