It's Me, emmalee

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by emmalee, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Thank you for your kind words @New Guy It has been a pleasure discussing movies with you. You are new to tinnitus and it's likely, you will make steady improvement as I believe you have the right attitude, as others do on this forum.
      Please be assured you're not on my "Ignore" list. Those that are know who they are.

I will be watching from the pulpit just to keep abreast of what's going on.
      All the best

Michael

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Greg, you’ve always provided a great insight on TT, so it’s really saddening to see that you’re not doing so well. I hope you see better days buddy.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    3. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Dave, you never cease to make me smile. You have an awesome attitude. I bet you’ve got like a million friends out there in the real world.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      For many years I have collected Western American Art books, and now have a great collection.
      Strangely enough, I woke up this morning with these two pictures, by great western artist Charles Shreyvogel, on my mind.
      The first portrays a cavalryman saving his buddy,

4B5318D3-413F-4340-A05B-B04360A1B63D.jpeg

and the second, very poignant to me, because I would love to have been there to save this little girl.

C99A87D1-CD52-4E8B-B17D-DF335826AEFD.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      .....er......last time I counted up it was a few short of that Ed if I’m honest, but one thing’s for sure,
      you can never have too many of those guys, can you..?

• Like Like x 2
    6. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      That reminds me of what’s written on the card/book at the end of ‘its a wonderful life’:

No man is a failure who has friends.

7C365A11-2DB6-4A44-80AC-CE926A0B4123.jpeg

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    7. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      for @TracyJS

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. David Dubros

David Dubros Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hey Emma.
      Hoping you are feeling better and enjoying the weather as best you can.
      Have been quite busy myself and my T is behaving. I pray yours is not too bad.
      I actually had a quiet day yesterday where i took the opportunity to listen to my audio system.
      It was nice to use it. It is rare that happens.
      I had 3 days of work last week and group on the other 2 days.
      Busy and able to distract myself from my usual isolation at home.
      Well enuf of me.
      It is Victoria day and although its a holiday its a loud one throughout the evening. Hope the fireworks don't bother you at all.
      Be well Emma.:)

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      I am in a better place this morning. Many, many thanks to those who responded to my post.:huganimation:

I feel a little embarrassed for my out of character behaviour.:dunno:

@Mystery Reader
      You said that you were glad that I vented and perhaps you are correct, we all feel the need to "let it go" during times when we are struggling. I am not going anywhere. Thank-you for making me feel a little better about the whole post.

@Michael Leigh, I will miss you. Thanks again for your advice when I pm'd you the other day. All turned out very well.

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      I am well, David. My T has been a bit of a bully the past couple of days but I am not backing down, not at all. The holiday Monday was a quiet one here, I didn't hear so much as one firecracker the whole day and night. I did hear the rain last night, though. I slept very well because of it, as always.:rolleyes:

I wish you a truly wonderful day David.:huganimation:

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      v3ap3d3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    12. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Thank you @emmalee for your kind words. I have had a change of heart and will carry on visiting this forum as usual. You are new to tinnitus Emmalee and this can stretch a person's resolve to the limit. It takes time but you will habituate or your tinnitus could go away completely in time. It does happen.

All the best
      Michel

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Not every person is going to understand you and that’s okay. They have a right to their opinion and you have every right to ignore it. To try to explain yourself endlessly , will take a toll , so do yourself a favor and free yourself from those that constantly judge you, they have no right, take control of your life and leave them behind.

• Like Like x 2
    14. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      @emmalee

I was reading an old post once where a member said they cried daily when they first got t. I replied that this is one of the few places a man can admit he cries and not be looked at any differently. I think that's true of all emotions related to t including anger, anxiety, frustration, fear, depression, etc. We all need to vent our emotions and that's a good thing. It assures all of us that we're not alone when we experience these feelings.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 2
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Thank-you for this post, John.:huganimation:You are such an understanding and kind man.

I thought I was doing better today, emotionally speaking, but I clearly am not doing better. It's not just the tinnitus, it's the insensitivity of others. All of us here at TT have a clear, common bond. Why can't there be mutual respect and compassion? It doesn't seem to be a lot to ask.

As I said, I am not in a good place right now. :unsure:

• Hug Hug x 5
    16. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      Hi @emmalee. Do you mean the lack of "mutual respect and compassion" on the board? Maybe I missed something?

I guess after being sucked into the darkness back in 2002 when two different support boards were at war. It was the LAST thing I needed at that time. I wish I would have walked away but...I didn't.

I must have grown more....I don't know but I don't get involved in the negative or let it affect me now. I may speak up once in a while when my view is different.

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Hi, Starthrower. Not sure what I mean at all sometimes, lol.

My plan is to do as you say and not let myself get involved in any negativity, this is great advice, thank-you.:huganimation: The last couple of days have been a little rough and my emotions are all over the map. Tomorrow will be better.

• Hug Hug x 3
    18. PortalNaut

PortalNaut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Late 2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      From whatever drama transpired, the developments that some of you poor hard-pressed souls are 'staying' is good news to me. I am a struggling T sufferer, and I need everyone's help. Thank you all.

• Hug Hug x 3
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Hi, PortalNaut.

We are here for you, no worries. :huganimation:

❤️emma

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    20. david c

david c Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      Gosh this must be the quickest "Goodbye I am leaving. Hello again, I'm not" in Tinnitus Talk history! Almost certainly it took less time than reading one of M Leigh's "I am the fount of all wisdom about tinnitus" posts - especially when one considers the danger of falling into a deep slumber while doing the latter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Today is the first day of the rest of my life ~

I am in such a good place today! There is a young woman on this forum who has inspired me and given me more hope than I ever thought was possible. To her I say thank-you!

People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel ~

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Isn't it wonderful news, David? So many of us are happy that he is staying, no one more than me!

Have a wonderful day! ❤️

• Like Like x 1
    23. david c

david c Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      Indeed. His posts are always a source of amusement - mostly unintended!

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Oh I see. You are not a fan, sorry, I misread your post.:oops:

I understand. When dealing with tinnitus it can lead to so many differing opinions and there are times when we just cannot agree with each other. This is okay, you have a right to your opinion.

I am glad you stopped by. I see that you have had tinnitus since 2012. I am genuinely sorry if my positive attitude rubs you the wrong way. It's just how I cope.

May I ask how you cope?

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    25. david c

david c Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      Nothing wrong at all with having a positive attitude - if you find it helps you that's great.

Yes, I have had tinnitus since 2012 and in answer to your question about how I cope I have generally found time and being careful around noise have been the best help. And knowing that what helps one person won't necessarily help another. That's why I find posts written by people who claim to know everything about tinnitus and have all the answers quite amusing. And in itself that amusement helps me to cope also. All the best, David.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Thank-you for understanding, David. I am quite sure that I annoy the heck out of a great many here, I know I can frazzle the last nerve of my closest friends and family members with my "pollyanna" outlook, but they have to like me, lol!

I am hoping beyond hope that time will be my friend, some days even a positive outlook just doesn't help. I have to keep the faith that this will be something that I can live with, in the event that it doesn't go away.

Just yesterday, someone suggested "pink noise" and you know what? It helps. I don't need it for sleeping, thank the stars above, but at times when I become overwhelmed, "noise" helps me to cope. Like you mention, I try to be very careful around noise. I bought some muff style ear protectors for vacuuming, etc.

• Like Like x 1
    27. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Indeed @david c I have decided not to reduce my visits to Tinnitus Talk and never said I was leaving. Hopefully, I will be able to pursue my new interest which also involves tinnitus.

I wish you well.
      Michael

• Like Like x 3
    28. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      My posts here and at other forums have received kind comments but I've never been told, one is in danger of falling into a deep slumber whilst reading them. I will endeavour to do better....

Michael

• Like Like x 3
    29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      On the other hand, falling into a deep slumber when one has tinnitus may not be a bad thing. We always have to look for the silver lining! :beeranimation:

All joking aside, I enjoyed every single one of your articles Michael. They are well written and extremely helpful. No need to try to do better, not at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      pGDG16I.jpg