Jeff D

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jeff D, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Jeff D

Jeff D Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 1 2015
      Hello, My name is Jeff I'm 58 and live in Windsor Ontario. This is my first post. I woke up New Years day 2015 with a high pitch sound in my head. It was so loud I could hear it above every other noise, TV, Stereo, running water, every sound was being drowned out by this high pitch squeal.
      Jan 5 2015 ...visit Doctor and get prescribed nasal spray ( doesn't work )
      Jan 12... visit Doctor again...prescribes blood test, urine test and Cardiologist visit. I have slightly elevated blood pressure
      Jan 15...Visit Cardiologist have EKG
      Jan 16...Visit Dentist, have check for problems, All clear
      Jan 19..Visit Doctor, sets me up a visit with ENT
      Jan 21..Go for hearing test...result slight hearing depreciation, nothing out of ordinary. Difficult hearing tones due to smoke alarm going off in my head.
      Jan 21..Blood test result....all good
      Jan 30...Visit my oncologist to investigate if chemo I had years ago could have this effect. Nothing I had would have caused this according to him ( Lymphoma )
      Feb 5...Heart ultra sound...all good
      Feb 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12 Visit chiropractor to have my neck twisted. Doesn't work.
      Feb 13.......Have a complete meltdown. Sounds in my head 24/7 so loud. Contemplate suicide. Cannot live like this.
      March 5... Long last ENT appointment arrives. He talks to me for 5 minutes, asks my why its so bad and tells me there is nothing he can do. Says try sound masking. I don't need more sound. I need less
      Cannot function at work, home life is deteriorating, family doesn't understand.

Start investigating internet for other options, besides offing myself.
      Started using a pill called Lipo Flavonoid. I have been taking 6 a day since end of March and can honestly say I have improved. My Doctor says to stop taking them and see if I'm better cause of the pill or it is just improving on it's own. I'm afraid to stop them.
      I have ringing about every 2nd or 3rd day now and have even gone 2 days in a row with out ringing. When I do have ringing it is half the volume it was. But for 3 or 4 months in the spring I was in a very bad place.
      Sorry I'm so long winded but I thought I'd share my story. I was a soldier for many years and wondered if that environment caused this problem. I guess I'll never know.
      I have nobody to talk to, I appreciate this chance to tell my story

• Like Like x 2
    2. Richard Wallace
      Thinking

Richard Wallace Member

Hi Jeff, myself like a lot of people have had no success with lipo flavonoids. Could it be helping you? Possibly. Everybody's systems are just a little different. One thing may work for one person, but not another. Personally I've gotten skeptical of the effectiveness of most supplements. Thanks for sharing your story. Please hang in there my friend and also stay connected to this website. This way you will know you're not alone and you can get support from others that are battling with this same garbage. God Bless...... Rich

3. eric peterson
      Sporty

eric peterson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 10/2003 Increase: 04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      who knows? who cares?
      @Jeff D Sorry to hear what you're going through. Many of us have been in the same place as you. I'm not sure why your T goes away intermittently, but I suppose it's possible that if it goes away some times, it can go away all of the time. Mine personally is constant, but perhaps not quite as loud as yours. (I can hear it over the TV, but if I'm in the shower, or turn on the faucet, I can't hear it). Do you have a history of issues with allergies or your sinuses? That's most likely where mine came from (I have fairly mild Eustachian tube disorder. e.g. my ear crackles when I swallow some times and I have had to have sinus surgery to clear up a lot of nasal 'plumbing' issues :)) I find masking at night to sleep to be a good thing for me, but like you, I don't want to mask at other times. I don't want to hide from the sound. I try and take it head on in hopes of habituating to it. Most studies show that habituation happens for the large majority of people. No reason to think you won't be one of them. But if you have sinus/Eustachian tube disorder, trying some neti-potting to clear out your sinuses might help. if you get the tube in your ear clogged up with fluid, it can keep your ear drum from vibrating correctly, which could be causing your T. hang in there, and if you need any help or want to talk, just let me know.

Take Care,

Eric