Juicing and Detox

Discussion in 'Support' started by valeri, Oct 21, 2015.

1. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      just wondering if anyone has tried any on those with any success?

2. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I did. I tried juicing for a few weeks but maybe not a full cleanse. Drinking liquids all day long daily took its toll. I just like the act of eating. Did nothing for my T. I also tried Gluten free for a while. Again, no results for me.
      Currently, I doing Keto but not for my T. I just want to lose fat and muscle up some. In the 3 weeks I have been at it, it made my T worse for the first 2 weeks and only this week has it gone back to normal.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Thanks Eric!
      While on Keto are you off all carbs or you still eat some but in moderation?

4. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I have been on low carb diet for years (similar to ketogenic diet) long before i had t.
      I dont seem to be greatly affected by diet, unlike many.
      I have noticed since practicing the back to silence technique, and taking L acetyl carnitine, my t isnt as bothersome.

5. erik
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I am doing 20 carbs or less a day. It has been difficult for me. I am 1/2 Korean after all and need Rice! :)..... Seriously, I will stick with it for a while and see how it goes. My T has been low all week but I don't believe it is Keto. It was high the past couple and it is just cycling back again.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      When I first got T, I tried everything and varied my diet for months. I had a healthy diet to begin with, but decided to go gluten free, eliminate sodium, caffeine, alcohol and sugar. Nothing changed regarding my T. I slowly reintroduced these foods back into my diet and other than sugar, nothing made my T worse.

7. erik
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Yes diet will really do nothing for T. I too have tried it all. I am doing Keto for myself not my T. I am just trying build some muscle etc.

8. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I think if you are coming off of years of drug use this could be helpful for tinnitus. Just my opinion though.

10. Blujay

Blujay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1900
      I think this can depend on your level of commitment (and money).

I know of one person who patiently coaxed severe noise-induced tinnitus into remiting over many years of LOADING his body with fresh juices and nutrients. He also wore earplugs everywhere, for years.

It took total dedication and a boatload of cash, but it showed what's possible when the determination is there.

Any healing that takes place is totally up to your body, which is dependent on what you give it to work with.

One bottle of dry, hard pills from the grocery is probably not going to affect you. However, if you provide HEROIC amounts of fresh juices and nutrients, for a long time, you can drastically increase your odds for any possible healing.

• Like Like x 1