Just a Venting Post — This B*stard Is Driving Me Mad

Discussion in 'Support' started by Elfin, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Elfin
      Wishful

Elfin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Hi all,

Just want to vent that this condition is taking me down today to low depths. Volume has raised, possibly due to cold and sore throat, possibly due to tiredness (long traveling days on holiday) or possibly due to wind noise from a hike in the highlands (had plugs in).

Either way, I am drawn and tired and low because of this.

Really just want this to end or to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

We all know how sh*t this is and how crap it can be.

Just wanted to vent.

Thanks to anyone for reading and listening!

• Hug Hug x 8
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Elfin,
      Hope your day gets better .stay stong and be kind to yourself .
      love glynis x

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      It's nice seeing you post Elf. It's ok to vent buddy, that's why this site exists. You need to give yourself lots of credit, I have known you over a year and you have come a long way.

Keep moving forward buddy, you are doing great!

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    4. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Heres some possible light. Novartis demonstrated that human hearing can be restored in living human beings with their gene therapy CGF166. That's probably not going to be released, however theres another drug for our type of hearing loss in trials right now that is more advanced and may, possibly, fix our noise damaged ears, which in theory, could lessen or heal or tinnitus.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    5. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Hang in there, buddy. If you’re bunged up your tinnitus will ramp up and it can feel like there’s a pressure building in your head, and the intensity can make it feel like the T is trying to burst out. That’s how it feels for me at least.

Like I’ve said before, you have to disassociate your emotions from it otherwise it will permanently drive you insane. I do understand the struggle though and wish I could do more for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      What gets me through the bad days is the hope for a better day tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    7. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      At least you got to hike in the highlands. This sounds pretty cool.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Elfin
      Wishful

Elfin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      hi guys,

Thank you very much for answering and supporting me during this difficult time.

@glynis I know that you have also been facing recent struggles and I thank you for taking the time despite these to offer me support and encouragement. It really means a great deal.

@Ed209 and @fishbone following the examples and strength exuded in your posts also provides me with home that I can keep moving forward and achieve the same kind of resilience that you guys demonstrate.

@Michael B I try and live with the same hope in these desperate times!

@Bill Bauer thanks for your help and support also. You get a tough ride on here at times, but your advice is very helpful and comes from a good place. You have a philanthropic heart!

Thanks guys for being there!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    9. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Man you are optimistic. Reminds me of Danny boy (r.i.p) and others 5 years ago running around with the autifony cure in every thread. People would tell them to calm their expectations, and that there is always some late and great cure just around the corner, they all swore that it would be different this time, and that this was it finally it.

It’s good to be excited but really, I think you might want to pump the brakes a little. If these guys were close to a hearing cure, there would be billions of dollars pouring into these companies as we speak, not a few million here and there. These are extremely high risk investments (long shots).

• Agree Agree x 3
    10. Wolfears

Wolfears Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely accoustic trauma
      I would not hold my breath for any cure "coming up" either...
      The Susan Shore project is probably the best hope right now, but still pretty far from having any concrete release date attached to it.

The Frequency Therapeutics stuff sounds ok, but it is all based on assumption that fixing hearing loss would fix tinnitus.

There are a lot of deaf people who do not have Tinnitus, so it may not be as simple as it sounds.

• Agree Agree x 3
    11. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      They've already proven they can restore hearing though. I dont think you can compare these other drugs to this one. This is a completely different ballgame.

BESIDES....... I'm not saying I know it works. If you would use your reading comprehension skills I've been saying this is the best hope that has ever come along and we should be very interested in this trials results, and IF IF IF IF IF it works. IF IF IF IF IF IF IF then we should demand to the FDA to fuh fast track it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    12. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I have read all about it, and yes if it works I agree, we should definitely push for fast track. Just not holding my breath on it, I will be a believer when there is more evidence.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I’m not worried about it not fixing tinnitus through restoration of hearing, I have zero doubt that tinnitus would vanish if hearing is restored. But it’s a big IF they can deliver on a cure for hearing loss, a huge if.

If I had decent hearing my tinnitus would be nothing, I could just mask by turning on the TV. I have dips of 80 dB, try distracting yourself with noise when you can’t hear. The tinnitus is just burried in this dead space in my brain.

If you have perfect hearing, you can listen to close to silence which is better than listening to tinnitus in my opinion

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That's super fair. I dont blame you.

• Like Like x 1