Just Looking to VIsit with Others of My Kind ;)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by abbynormal, Jul 15, 2017.

1. abbynormal
      Question it

abbynormal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I believe my tinnitus is caused by something, lol, omg, I haven't lost my sense of humor. My ears have been ringing worse for the last couple of months. I haven't journaled at all, and I'm sure that would help if I would. I first started getting the t in 2012. I know it started as a swishing noise when I would get up in the night to go to the bathroom.

Now it's 24/7, and I can't stand total silence around me as the t naturally stands out, and will drive me nuts if I focus on it. I just read something about a $67 miracle cure by some guy named Timothy Seaton? Anyway, I'm betting most of you have heard of him. I came so close to grabbing my debit card but I didn't. I just feel that it isn't the answer. If it was, I would see a lot of regular (genuine folks) on this forum talking about how they are free of tinnitus.

So I wait, and try things like B12, even got off any medication for my allergies (environmental) no aspirin, just little things I can try. I did have the doc at my last checkup look in my ears to make sure I didn't have something in there that should be and she said they were fine, although she saw a small amount of liquid, and I had not washed my hair in the shower that a.m. I notice there is often a little dampness I think caused by allergies. I used the Real sea-salt, a bit in a squeezee bottle to irrigate my sinuses as I have a bad PND (post nasal drip, yuck, gag, pftttttt).

The more I write here, the more I think maybe allergies cause tinnitus?? Oh well, I feel I am stuck with this, as I see most folks with it, learning to live with it. I am going to hang around the site today, and see if there are more "legitimate" info I can use to try out some natural things.

Thanks to all the folks here that stick with the site to try and help people, and some, to debunk the bs, Denise

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. You seem to be doing well even with your 7/24 T. Allergies causing sinus infection or allergy to drugs are known to have triggered tinnitus.
      There are many causes which can trigger or aggravate tinnitus including but not limited to drug reaction or side-effects from ototoxic drugs, ear wax build-up, ear or Eustachian tube infection or ETD, ear drum injury, fluid build-up in ears feeling pressured or fullness, sinus infection & congestion especially with a bad cold, TMJ, TTTS, high blood pressure or blood circulation problem, loud noise exposure or acoustic trauma/shock, head trauma & injury, neck injury or muscle problems, hearing loss, Meniere's Decease, barotrauma from sudden change of air pressure such as during landing & taking off on flights especially with blocked nose causing failure to balance the pressure changes, slapping of the ears, deep grief for the loss of loved ones, untreated sleep apnea, extreme, extended stress, anxiety & panic disorder, etc., etc.

• Like Like x 1
    3. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      You did the right thing.
      Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      abbynormal
      Question it

abbynormal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thanks for the reply billie:) I have cervical dystonia, or was actually diagnosed with spasmodic torticolous. I am not sure if they are the same thing but from what I've read on my own research, they are. I developed bone-spurs in my neck. I have had sinus infection in the past, but not lately.

I had an doctor appt. about 7 or so days ago and it was the 2nd time in a week because of a flu/cold/allergy thing that kept me down at least 13 days. When I say down, I mean I was still going out to the store for soup, or whatever I felt I needed, but hurried home as I just felt crummy.

But I wandered off there a minute. I wanted to say, for the first time in my life, the doc said they were seeing my blood pressure a bit higher. I need to check it because if the cold meds were maybe causing the hbp then maybe the hbp has also made my T worse?? I've been off the meds (robitussen, and a cough pill called bensonatate) for like 5 days now, maybe 6.

I really don't know, I just got back from a walk, and it was so lovely out, and I took my friend MaryAnn for a "ride" in her wheelchair. I felt so good. Now I'm back and my ears are ringing loudly. But I'll turn on my phone's Chrome Doze so it doesn't drive me nuts, LOL!! Denise

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      abbynormal
      Question it

abbynormal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I think so too Greg;) If someone as famous as William Shatner hasn't found a cure, than I doubt there is one out there.

6. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I had the same conclusion during my suffering days that going out for a walk, or even going to the outdoor has been great help for my T. I guess when you are outside, T seems to be less dominant compared to the time when we stay home worrying about T. Keep this up. It definitely can help calm T by distracting ourselves with doing something and keeping busy.

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      abbynormal
      Question it

abbynormal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I hope I do keep it up, it does help so much. My T may seem worse because of the "break" from it when out and about;) But lastnight I hardly slept, and I think it's the Loratadine (Claritin) I've taken for the last, 2 days. So today I won't take it, or tonight I mean. I take it about 8pm and only 1 a day as prescribed. I'd rather deal with the allergies than make my T worse though. We'll see after I get the claritin out of my system. I can still mask it but had to turn up the volume on my phone app. I also wondered if there was any stimulant in the claritin that was also keeping me awake. Oh well, I keep learning new things;)

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. Rosemerry
      Energetic

Rosemerry Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @abbynormal Hi Denise!
      Welcome to the group with others of your kind lol! And you have the best name - abbynormal - why didn't I think of that? Love the reference to the Young Frankenstein movie!! Glad to hear you haven't lost your sense of humor. I find it is so critical for me to keep mine. In fact, I know when it's gone that it's not a good sign and time to turn things around. Love, Rosemary

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      abbynormal
      Question it

abbynormal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi Rosemary:) I am feeling better emotionally & mentally just from getting to meet some folks here:) My T has been louder as I think I mentioned above, but something about mingling with people that can understand because they experience. I need to see the positive attitudes to keep my spirits up, but it does bring us all down at times.

My heart goes out to those that are in the early stages as it was very frightening, and still can be. If I think "how loud can it get??". But try to just focus on what it is now;)

Very happy to meet you Rosemary, love your avatar;) Denise

• Hug Hug x 1