Just Saying Hello for the First Time

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by screwtape, Oct 22, 2015.

1. screwtape

screwtape Member

Hi, I'm a tinnitus experiencer of some 9 years, for me it's been one long battle of wits with this thing, however in the last 18 months approx it has just gone into hyper sound, just joining this forum is good, initially for the company, I am used to repeated spikes, hours of relentless noise, I need too talk, but I also am battle hardened as well, so hello everybody

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome screwtape. I like your phrase, "battle hardened". In a way those of us with T for many years are a bit battle hardened. I mean how many days we have heard this T shrill in our head? We just get hardened by the repeated sensation (as long as there is no negative response against it). You are in a spike lately, but spikes will always settle back to baseline. So hang in there.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      screwtape

screwtape Member

Hi, good of you too reply, unfortunately I have arthritis in many places including my neck, the worse that gets the worse the tinnitus gets, every day is pain with a raging blizzard in my head, but it's what you get used to, I can still get out and about, I can distract temporarily, what I miss most is the company of others who share these 'ills', a laugh and a joke with others similarly troubled, I don't look for a cure, l don't live in hope, they may come of their own accord, I live each day as it comes, there's still an excitement there, too hell with the health issues, today we live again

4. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      I completely echo Billie, these spikes settle down, things move and change all the time.

I too have a neck connection, have to be careful with it. Have you tried strengthening the muscles around there as support? It can help as long as you don't overdo it.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Blackbird26

Blackbird26 Member

Hi screwtape. I've read your posts. Me and you are very similar in thought.

Nice to meet you.

BB.