Keep Bursting Into Tears...

Discussion in 'Support' started by monkey legs, Feb 18, 2018.

1. monkey legs

monkey legs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1991 (Low level). Worse Dec 2017 to Now
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear injury (paintball) 1991. 2017 > Onwards Cause? Not sure.
      I'm a grown man of 47, and just over 1 and a half months ago my tinnitus went from low and not a problem to loud and life changing (so far).

I think it's due to some kind of sinus issue or head problem. I'm waiting to see an ENT and I will request a scan.

I think i am coping reasonably well considering the recent events. But sometimes the emotions just build up on me, and I burst into tears. I've done this in public, and people just don't know whats going on.

I don't know why I am mentioning it, but I guess it's good to let it out and share with others if you are doing the same.

Cheers.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. reeax

reeax Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      muscular neck issues
      Courage ... if it went up (without any particular reason) it can (and very probably will) also go down.

3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi @monkey legs

When tinnitus becomes loud and intrusive it can make a person feel very emotional in the manner you describe. Although distressing it is not unusual for people to react in this way. I have spoken to men and women on the telephone, that have become overwhelmed with emotion due to the way tinnitus is affecting them. Have a talk with your GP and see, if something can be prescribed to help you cope with any stress or anxiety that the tinnitus is causing.

Hope you start to feel better soon.
      Michael

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      monkey legs

monkey legs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks Michael.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      This is the perfect forum to express your feelings & emotions over tinnitus. I come here for comfort myself and often learn something along the way. As someone who has been diagnosed with severe tinnitus since day one, I understand the agony of dealing with tinnitus on a daily basis. What often gets me through the bad days is the hope for a better day tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. Hazel
      Dreaming

Hazel Director Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one-sided hearing loss (of unknown origin)
      This seems like a totally normal response @monkey legs !!! I would react the same way if my T suddenly became a lot worse. And it's only been 1.5 months, so of course you're going to be in a bad place right now. I'd say allow yourself these emotions, and don't expect too much improvement too soon - baby steps. The odds are in your favour, i.e. most likely your T will calm down or you'll get (somewhat) used to the new level of noise. It won't be an easy road, but I hope you're able to have confidence in your inner strength and with patience, kindness and dedication will slowly get better. Best of luck!

7. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @monkey legs ,
      Tears are our bodies way of letting out our emotions when we are finding things hard to deal with so you have a cry when you need too!
      We all know what it's like to feel that way and know that we do at times also.
      We are here for you and just know that we do care.
      Love and hugs to you.
      Love glynis x

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    8. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      You are human! Tinnitus is horrible and can be very loud and intrusive for some. Keeping it together at times can be pretty hard, I know how you feel and it takes lots of courage/effort everyday. When I am stuck in the tinnitus blues, I'll resort to some pink noise at low volumes and just try to tell myself "You are going to be ok".

I hope your trip to the ENT is a good one and maybe there could be a reason....as to why your tinnitus has gotten louder.

Take care :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. Nanny chocolate

Nanny chocolate Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unbelievable caused by audiologist!
      It’s not silly
      to cry and in public, I’m older than you and it’s all I can do not to fall apart.
      It sounds as if you have lovely family? I live alone, need to get a cat for company, and my change in T has made me so low and anxious. I can’t tolerate too much alone time as it makes me panic. I’m exhausted from
      having to go out to make myself tired enough to sleep.
      It’s very early days for you and still a shock to your system. It might well be something that ENT can help you with, at the very least they can help you with some coping tools.
      Get cuddles from your family and let them support you but I know that it’s a very lonely experience.
      Hugs Eve

• Like Like x 3
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      monkey legs

monkey legs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you kindly to you all!

• Hug Hug x 2
    11. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Like Like x 2
    12. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @monkey legs

Me too.
      I am frequently in this position.
      I don’t tend to get too embarrassed about it now.
      Believe me, if the people we are talking to had our problem, they would be beside themselves.
      We are all reluctant heroes.....
      Best wishes.....Dave xx

• Agree Agree x 2
    13. Jcb
      No Mood

Jcb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible TMJ, came on after severe cold and chest infection,
      @monkey legs don’t be ashamed, let the feelings and tears take their journey and then you can take each day as it comes and work towards healing. Never apologise for showing your emotions, they are all in us and can come out at the most unexpected times as well. Stay strong man