Kelly Rowley Did It! She Walked 60 Miles in a Month to Support the British Tinnitus Association

Discussion in 'Awareness & Fundraising' started by Damocles, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Kelly talks about life with tinnitus | Times and Star

Allerdale woman completes gruelling winter step challenge for tinnitus charity (yahoo.com)

I'm guessing you're not here with us on Tinnitus Talk, Kelly, or you would have posted these links to explain about this yourself.

Anyway, Kelly Rowley, a woman from Cumbria, England, who has suffered with debilitating tinnitus for nearly 10 years now, has just completed a walking challenge to raise money for the BTA.
      As you can see, the challenge is over, and she's raised just over £200, but it appears she has until the end of today to submit what she's collected to the BTA. So just posting this here in case anyone else wants to contribute to her sum total before the deadline is up.

I realise this is just the BTA, and like the ATA, we don't have much respect for how they spend their money here, but this story kind of touched me, and I really like that this woman wanted to do something, despite her limitations.

Kelly Rowley is fundraising for British Tinnitus Association (justgiving.com)

• Winner Winner x 7
      • Like Like x 4
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. ZFire
      Pacman

ZFire Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      2012 (mild) & 04/2021 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity (2012) Unknown-likely noise induce (2021)
      Just found out about this. It's a great story worth donating to, so thanks for posting this @Damocles. I like your message to Kelly on her fundraising page. It would definitely be awesome if she came here to say hello.

Good stuff.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Just saw @ZFire and @Markku, you guys also donated.

@ZFire, you are such a good friend. Thank you mate, for everything.

@Markku, thank you for the kind words and all the work you've put into building the Tinnitus Talk community; I think it is truly phenomenal what you have done here.

I have a lot of fun on the forum, and get to spend time with some lovely people who understand me better than members of my own family even. But all of that is just an added bonus in what was my true purpose when I registered here; to start contributing, back to a forum that has aided me in my times of need, and to my community in general.

As has been said before: if we don't even try to help ourselves, why should we expect other people to try and help us?

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. 2noist

2noist Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      What if more tinnitus sufferers did this kind of walk!

• Agree Agree x 1