Kinda Going Crazy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AZmom, Jan 20, 2018.

1. AZmom
      Buzzed

AZmom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly caused by anti-inflammatory medicine
      Hi there, I've had mild Tinnitus for years but I was able to ignore it. For some reason it has gotten much worse in the last few months. I feel like my life has changed so much because of the constant buzz in my ears. I'm thinking it might be due to taking a 6 week course of Diclofenac (Cataflam) for inflammation in the summer of 2016 or my blood pressure rising a little as I get older? I hope I can find relief or at least some comfort knowing I'm not alone in this. I just downloaded some Pink Noise to play on my earbuds. Seems to help somewhat, but still hear it. Trying not to hear it.
      The website has been great so far, lots of great information and support. :)

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Many people here advise against any use of earbuds and even headphones. Search this site, to see more details.

Also, check out the thread below where I summarize everything (24 tips spread over three posts) I learned about managing tinnitus after reading the posts on this forum for the past 11 months
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...itus-recently-this-info-will-be-useful.25741/
      you might find several of those tips to be useful to you.

• Like Like x 1
    3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      i'd avoid ear buds/headphones. Even at low volumes, it can possibly annoy your tinnitus. Change can be scary at times, try to remain calm and know that YOU are going to be ok. You are not alone in this, this site is full of dedicated people, that want to make others feel comfortable. Medication and stress can possibly raise the tinnitus volume.

No matter what the volume is, people can still cope and habituate to it. It takes lots of willpower and courage...but it can be done. Never give up and keep seeking support....

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AZmom
      Buzzed

AZmom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you Bill for the info. I've protected my ears for years, ie...wearing earplugs when drying my hair and being in loud places. I'm hoping if I wear one ear bud at a low level it won't cause any more harm. It really helps with the buzz which is driving me crazy.

5. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      Can you wear over-the-ear headphones? There is theoretically a smaller chance of ear problems with them.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
      • Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AZmom
      Buzzed

AZmom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you for the suggestion of over the ear headphones, back to the good old days! (before they became popular again)

7. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      There are special hearing aids that people use for that. I believe @glynis might know more. You could also just play nature sounds in your room...

@Michael Leigh argues passionately against the use of headphones.

• Like Like x 1
    8. AZeurotuner

AZeurotuner Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I wouldn't recommend headphones... If your T is noise induced you're playing with fire. Pumping sound directly into your ears at any volume just seems too risky, and who knows, you might accidentally play it too loud, have a notification go off and blast your ears, a connection problem that drills you with feedback, etc. I play my pink noise on a Bluetooth speaker, and have a mechanical white noise machine that I use as well.

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AZmom
      Buzzed

AZmom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you AZeurotuner. I'm going to try the Bluetooth speakers. The pink noise is working great just playing on my computer.

• Like Like x 1