Kineseology with Some Success

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by boshack, Dec 6, 2012.

1. boshack
      Fine

boshack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1978
      Only after one week i am experiencing improvement. I am keen to see any feedback as to whether anyone else has tried.
      I believe i have improved by 50% in the last week.
      What staggers me is my kineseologist took from 10 (very bad ringing) to 0 (no ringing) in 4-5 minutes.
      This staggered me as it was a unique feeling.
      I know we must not get to enthusiastic as there doesnt seem to be any real cure and i will msay i have hit the 10 mark since my session but no where near as often as normal.
      This to me tells me its not a permanent damage .
      I am new to this forum but keen to learn other experiences especially if similar.
      I have had for 40 years so have learnt to live with it.
      Perhaps a glimmer of hope.

• Like Like x 1
    2. DezDog
      Angry

DezDog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2009
      Good for you boshack.
      Sounds amazing. Not heard of kineseology, time to give wikipedia a pounding...

3. mock turtle

mock turtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/26/1992...habituated after 2 years; 11/04/11 new outbreak
      boshack

you referenced kineseology treatment of tinnitus as effective but didnt tell us anything of what the treatment is about

checking in a cursory way around the net some sites indicate energy levels and acupuncture points are involved, but i may have this all wrong and im interested to know

thanks
      mt

4. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Ive had this treatment they rebalance the Meridian system ,he got them all flowing properly(his words) T just as bad.

Some things may work for some ,not others sadly.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      boshack
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1978
      Its about a month now since the first treatment and i reckon it has improved 50% . I still get bad times and lots of times nothing.
      I am also finding that the more i stay off milk the better the results.
      As Carlover said above they get all things flowing again and i believe this is what happened. However this absence from milk seems to be be playing a big part .

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      boshack
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1978
      I am still holding at 50% with the one treatment. Still get maximum ringing but no where near as much. Will update after next treatment.
      Just try staying off milk and its by products , if you can your a hero.

7. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Boshack, that is great news! I'm glad the treatment has worked for you, so far. I hope that, with the second treatment, you'll see even more improvement. Thank you for the update.

8. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I will try and rebalance my meridians ... I did that some time ago for myself and others. Didn't think anything about doing that with tinnitus. I will let you know.

Oh, I am very familiar with kinesiology! ;;)

Thanks hon!

9. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just came from an appointment with my chiropractor, who specializes in neurology. He has been using various techniques to help me with my pulsating, and one of those today was, you guessed it, applied kinesiology! He pressed on some points on my neck and (believe it or not) my little toe on the opposite side of the body from my tinnitus. Since I have been a patient of his, I have been noticing subtle improvements in my condition, and feel I'm beginning to make some real progress now!

Will update you as to how this latest treatment works. So far, so good!

10. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      wow.... more information please.

front of neck? toe? tip or where? Did he say what meridian points?

I am looking in my Touch for Health manual and I don't see a little toe point. Oh... wait... the gallbladder acupressure point????

11. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The doctor didn't exactly say which meridian points, but he was trying to help me with a problem I've had for 2 1/2 years; feeling shaky and run down in the late afternoon. He made use of the 24-Hour Organ Qi Cycle (a wheel which shows which body part coordinates with a particular time of day). My problems occur in the late afternoon; that would be about 3 to 5 P.M.,which corresponds with the Bladder, and leads into the Kidney at 5 to 7 P.M. I think he was working on points corresponding to those body parts. Does that make sense to you?

12. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Scroll to the bottom of this site... has the Time of Day balance... this right? http://www.touch4health.com/techniques.html

book_p275.jpg

13. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Karen, I traced all my major meridians.

14. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, this is it! How did you trace all your meridians? Would this be applicable to improving tinnitus?

15. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Karen, one traces their meridians with the hands. The charts are in the touch for Health book. However, One can probably find the main meridians on the web.

16. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      OK -- Thanks. I think I can find this information on the web. I believe I've looked it up before, when I was going to an acupuncturist for tinnitus.

17. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2012 worsened Jan 2017 & Dec 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Hi Karen, you've done accupuncture for T? How did it go?

18. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi, Louise,

Yes, I did. I've been to more than one acupuncturist. The first one was able to calm me down a lot, physically and emotionally (I had other issues besides tinnitus, since I had just weaned myself off blood pressure medicine). However, it didn't help my tinnitus very much.

The second one helped me to calm down even more, and talked to me about various supplements and nutritional changes I might make. He suggested I take magnesium chloride, which I'm still taking. It helped a lot to calm me down. He tried many things to help my pulsating tinnitus, and some helped slightly, but not a lot.

Then, I was referred to a chiropractic neurologist, whom I'm still going to. I stopped going to the acupuncturist, and am going to see if the chiro can help me. So far, it seems to have improved some. I still have both hissing and pulsating, but both seem calmer and quieter, by comparison to what they were like before. It is a slow, subtle process, but I think I am improving.

It's been over 2 1/2 years for me, since my tinnitus became severe. I have habituated a bit, but I'm finding that very hard to do. It is really hard to overcome both types of tinnitus! In a quiet room (which is where I am now), it is still very difficult.

19. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Thanks for the info Karen. Im seeing an acupuncturist and have found, like you that it does calm me. But nothing for the noise. I've been told of another one in London, a doctor. She seems confident that it will help the noise-induced T I have. its a long way for me to travel though.

Habituation to something you hate is hard!!!

20. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Louise,
      If you decide to go to the acupuncturist/doctor in London, I'd like to hear whether it works for you. Some say acupuncture really does help with T. I guess mine is just too complicated to help!

The second acupuncturist I saw said he had cured a woman of pulsating tinnitus, but hers had a much different cause than mine. He said she came back to him every once in awhile when it started to flare up again, and he would be able to calm it down again. Wish that would happen to me!

Yes, habituation is difficult. I actually had tinnitus before 2010, but it wasn't that bad, and I had long since habituated to this. This time, it is different. I've had everything ranging from roaring tinnitus to pulsating to hissing, to a soft, bell-like tinkle. The pulsating never goes away, and the ringing now is pretty much a steady hissing noise. Hard to habituate to all this, even after 2 1/2 years!

21. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Its when it changes so often that makes it harder to habituate isnt it?

What was the other woman's cause who the Acupuncturist helped?

I've had 2 good acupuncturists tell me its not very successful on T itself but it is on the anxiety. This one in London is Chinese herself though and maybe they know more? She's had a very good reference to me. She has said even though its noise induced she thinks she can help.

22. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, the changeability of it does make habituation more difficult.

The other woman, I believe, had only pulsating (no ringing), caused by something circulatory. Mine started after taking an ototoxic drug; plus, I have an underactive thyroid, which seems to be a factor.

I believe the Chinese acupuncturist may be able to help, if anyone can! There is a Chinese/Korean community near where I live, and I've heard of a couple good acupuncturists there. If all else fails, I may try one of them. For now, I am going to keep going to the chiropractic neurologist; he has a very good reputation in our area, and has helped many people with brain-related problems. We'll see if that applies to tinnitus!

23. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Well he does sound like a good choise Karen. Unusual those two specialties in one person.

By the way I ordered some Picamillon after seeing someone on here mentioning it. First day of it today so we'll see how it goes!

24. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, chiropractic neurology is a relatively new field. There are more practitioners being trained right now, and we'll be hearing more about it in the future. I feel lucky to have stumbled upon this doctor.

I'll be interested to hear about the Picamillon and how it works for you. I know you're having a rough time, and hope you find something that will provide a little relief for you soon!

25. Aisling

Aisling Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/9/12
      Louise good luck with the picmillion I might try it myself. Will you update here or somewhere else. Also where did you purchase it from?

26. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Hi Aisling,

I got it from JG Supplements, £14.99.

I'm not taking it right now as I'm trying to find out if some meds I've taken are causing me a problem.

If I start it again I'll let you know.

Louise.

27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      boshack
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1978
      Back with some updates. It is so encouraging to hear some successes from different techniques .
      Last week i have another kineseolgy treatment. I was almost full on ringing and after 10 minutes no change. She tells me that being off milk is noticeable as there are no blocked channels as there was when i had my last great improvement.
      This was disappointing after first treatment with so much success.
      However a week has gone by and i still believe i am at 50% of what the ringing was before any treatment.
      I still have the highs but no where near as often.
      If anything after last treatment overall i reckon a 5% improvement however this is hard to gauge and i might just be very positive.
      Her comment is that all is clear but my ear drums are very rigid because whatever the state they were in and it will take quite a few more sessions to get them loosened up.
      Incidentely this lady does not touch me when doing work and can give me a running commentary on what she can see. I do not understand this at all however she has my confidence as she diagonized candida in my wife when doctors were getting nowhere quickly.
      So now its the waiting game .
      If anyone can tell me how people can go into your body and see things i would love to know how as she doesnt speak to much about it perhaps i turned her off as i call her my voodoo lady (it was meant to be jokingly).
      I spend a lot of time at my country getaway and i am sure this help to keep most things normal.

28. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Boshack,
      Thanks for the updates. I'm glad to hear you have sustained your level of ringing at 50%, even if not much changed with the second treatement. That in itself is promising, that it did not get any worse.

It sounds as if she is performing a type of energy healing on you; I've had some of those energy healings myself, and they helped a little bit, but not much. Have you ever heard of pranic healing? She may be doing something like that, where she works on the energy centers of your body.

Anyway, I truly hope you continue to improve, and will look for further updates from you! Best wishes, Karen

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      boshack
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1978
      Hi Karen,
      I believe you are right she is doing some energy healing as she has been doing this for a number of years now and perhaps the accumulation of treatments was the reason for such a big success with her first session with me on T.
      The 50% improvement is still maintaining and perhaps a little more however it is to slight to guess on. Iguess from my point the large improvement initially has put me in a complacency mode and i do not think about it very much now and i guess because it isnt annoying so much i havent worried to much about more treatments.
      I reckon i have gone from thinking about it daily to thinking about it once a week now so there has to have been some improvement.
      The next treatment will be interesting to see what may happen , perhaps it will be more than one for greater improvement.
      Pranic healing i must investigate.
      I am spending more time on our tourist location which is peace and tranquility as we are living on a lake in the middle of 1000 acres of bushland so a very relaxed environment may be helping also as i do notice that i think about it more when i come to Perth.

30. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi, Boshack,

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that the 50% improvement is still maintaining, and I hope that continues for you. I would think that being in a quiet, tranquil setting would be very good for your tinnitus as opposed to being in a large city. It sounds lovely there, by the way!

The fact that you are thinking about your tinnitus less is a very good thing. You're lucky, and I hope the next treatment brings even more success.

Please do post an update after you have the next treatment! Best wishes, Karen