Kyoto University and Boehringer Ingelheim Team Up to Fight Hearing Loss

Discussion in 'Research News' started by Ian Mac, Jul 7, 2016.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ian Mac

Ian Mac Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Vestibular Nueritis, loud music (dubstep)
      Frickin sweet! I need to look at your DIY Lasers post. Can you explain whats happening to the cells in response to the laser? What causes healing? Is it the heat or... The light or something else.

2. Cityjohn
      Inspired

Cityjohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5:10 PM 03/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Scombroid food poisoning.
      I don't know if I can do it as much justice as is explained in this page.
      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3288797/

• Like Like x 1
    3. XDR

XDR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to BS
      I'm not my brother is, a decade ago he had a huge tear in his shoulder. Doctors told him will take months to remove the cast and can never lift again. 3 weeks later, he was able to remove the cast. 2 months later was back in the gym.

I'm obtaining these legally thought a sports clinic, I should have them in two days. Lot of red tape when it comes to these compounds, as I mentioned in my thread

My method will be a subcutaneous injections of IGF-lr3, this is a peptide polymer. Half life of Mecasermin and "naked" IGF1 is less than 20min, IGF1-lr3 half life is 24hrs. My treatment will consists stacking HGH and IGF1, alternate days, 0.1ml injections (5 days on 2 days off) for 10weeks.

In terms of safety, I'm not concerned , the dosages are on par with anti-aging clinic hormone dosages. I've run this past the doctors at my clinic, they are fascinated by this application and do not see any dangers. I'm healthy, no current or past medical issues. Also there is a lot of fake black market crap out there, pay the premium to get the legitimate stuff. I think fake peptides are far more dangoerus than HGH / IGF1 itself.

Will report as I go, anyone else even considering this, go throughout a clinic, run it past their doctors, pay the money for all the blood work and their analysis. Did the bloods last week it was 6 vials, 20 parameters that there are analyzing.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. Cityjohn
      Inspired

Cityjohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very interested in this approach and quite glad you've discussed any dangers with a professional. I had an unexpected setback when it comes to deepLT which I will have to correct for, it's something I didn't see coming. The blood tests are a wise precaution and diagnostic tool.

5. XDR

XDR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to BS
      I'm not a medial doctor, so outside guidance is required, I know these are powerful drugs. I am a scientist by trade, so I'm trying to be as methodical and logical as possible. Also I plan to document this treatment and submit my result to Kyoto university for them to ponder over in a group meeting.

With my hearing damage, I suspect its a two fold problem. One being dead nerves, other is "blood hammer" from damaged vascular system into the ear. Hence me stacking IGF1 (for nerve regeneration) and HGH for vascular system repair. Speaking with body builders, they mention that HGH will heal old wounds too. So I'm cautiously optimistic about this plan with my 3 month old injury.

This is all theoretical but its my best guess at a workable solution.

6. Cityjohn
      Inspired

Cityjohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Oh really, that's fortunate, what is your field? Tinnitus has begun to spark a little research lust in me too, I hope I can contribute a series of papers on the subject in the near future if there are still gaps to fill. At the moment there's just miles of paper to read through still.

7. XDR

XDR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to BS
      Chemistry, to me this is work.

There will always be gaps in literature, lack of knowledge with T is staggering. . In my readings T is still rather unknown. I will write a hypothesis about blood hammer too in the ear.

After found to 3 ENTs, their education stops when they graduate. So suffers need to pick up the slack and do the research it seems...

8. Cityjohn
      Inspired

Cityjohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That's great. Chemistry is one of my Achilles heels :) and I've noticed it can be quite important when dealing with tinnitus. I'm focusing more on light therapy, MRI's, nervous tissue voltage signaling, etc.

9. XDR

XDR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to BS
      Main thing about chemistry or any science, what is important is the scientific method when dealing with a research problem. Coming from Chemistry side, I don't think traditional small molecule will solve T. Its either regenerate the nerve or block the faulty signal by capping the dead cells with small molecule, this wont solve hearing loss.

Only true way to solve this is a biochemistry route. eg Gene therapy. Dead cells needs to be regenerated, thats why I'm going IGF1. Rest are pot shots not dealing with the core issues. I still think there is a vascular component to T that is not being addressed.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    10. Reinier
      Not amused

Reinier Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explosion starting engine
      very interesting. Top!
      I will follow this thread with interest.:brb:

11. Cityjohn
      Inspired

Cityjohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I agree. I'm going the neurogenesis route too if I can find a viable way to do it :)

• Like Like x 1
    12. beeeep

beeeep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ~2000, but real bad since 06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    13. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      So weird!
      so if the challenge is over.
      maybe someone came out with what they needed?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ian Mac

Ian Mac Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Vestibular Nueritis, loud music (dubstep)
      Yeah that's weird..