Legal Aid

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by UserID, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. UserID
      Lucky

UserID Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/01/1972
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Artillery
      I am a 63 year old Vietnam Era Navy veteran who developed tinnitus as the result of working within the gun turret of a 5"38 from 1969-72. For the past thirty years, I've been working as the Pest Mgmt. Professional for a VA hospital.

Lots of changes have occurred through the years here, as we have gone through our fair share of new regimes, and especially now, following the national disgrace regarding wait times, the entire VA system is being micromanaged and looked at by every suspicious party on the globe. Consequently, the days when I was able to wear a headset to help mitigate the sounds I hear in my head/ears are over. It's too distracting, they say, as if they really understand the torment this condition actually is, especially since it's the number one disability among servicemen and women.

I recently put in a request for "reasonable accomodations" in which I asked permission to listen, at a low level, to sounds to help me function better at my job. But despite the fact that I work at a VA hospital, and that T is the number one disability among servicemen, I was completely refused the use of a headset except while I am on break.

As a man more knowledgeable about the national condition, perhaps even within the military, are you able to suggest a law firm, or other very highly reputable professional interest to whom I can detail my situation?
      David

2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      David, I suggest that you contact Dr. James Henry, a Ph.D. audiologist at the VA Medical Center in Portland, Oregon. Dr. Henry is a Research Career Scientist at the National Center for Rehabilitative Auditory Research. He is the leading authority on tinnitus in the entire VA system. He is also an incredibly nice fellow and a good friend of mine. I am sure that Dr. Henry will be able to point you in the right direction.

stephen nagler